• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaPo
This is exactly what I thought. Remove the cap, seriously slim things up and, in my opinion, you'll look significantly better in your clothes. I'd love to have that kind of wardrobe, but I think you could be doing so much better with it. At the moment, I think it's making you look short and square.

Judging by Kent Money's expression and pose he seems like the kind of cat who thinks they're better looking than everyone else on the forum. A kind of arrogant contempt which entails the idea 'I won't really listen to what anyone says I just want them to bask in my beauty'. As I'm basing this ridiculous accusation on a few pictures, I could be wrong. It's not necessarily a bad thing, either.

@PinkPantser: Are they Persols or Wayfarers with different lenses? It's very difficult to tell from here.

I think we focused too mcuh on the brands. If you posted the fit without any of it, we would have said no hat, getting everything a tad more fitted.

JaPo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
haha, I think that is hardly the case. I guess it is just that chromeo was saying something and he really didnt justify why he said it. So to me, it seemed more like an attack than a critique... And honestly, I really do want to hear constructive criticism because I know I am no model and clothing has only become an interest of mine since I have come to college. Im still relatively new to the whole 'personal style' thing. but im diggin it!
biggrin.gif
about the poses: I dont really have a good mirror, and I cant take shots outside because my camera is a POS, so its hard to represent my fit all that well. im definitely not trying to have some 'attitude' with my pictures. honestly, I was thinking I should start cropping my face outta pics because I think I would get more 'neutral' replies about the outfit itself, and not necessarily the stupid grin on my face.... Kent

Excuse my misguided presumption. I think your fits have been pretty solid, so far. Obviously I'd unbutton the top button the chambray but you seem to have a fair understanding of how clothes should be sized. Your shirts and jeans fit pretty well in all cases, and you also have fairly good hair. How are the women's trousers faring? @kelvin: I agree. But isn't it the idea that if one decides to spend that much on clothes, they are not aiming to look 'run of the mill'.

JKISSI

Reaction score
Mellowfellow thats crisp man.. Take it easy on my lil man , i had nothing to do with the clothes if thats hard to believe lol it sparked a interesting topic, so I just did a post on children and fashion on my blog. For the full story go there lol
jeremiah1.png

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaPo
Excuse my misguided presumption. I think your fits have been pretty solid, so far. Obviously I'd unbutton the top button the chambray but you seem to have a fair understanding of how clothes should be sized. Your shirts and jeans fit pretty well in all cases, and you also have fairly good hair. How are the women's trousers faring? @kelvin: I agree. But isn't it the idea that if one decides to spend that much on clothes, they are not aiming to look 'run of the mill'.
I think it's pretty simple. Better fitting clothes that are much less expensive would look mcuh better on him than more expensive brands of the same thing Jeans/ sneakers / button-down is such a regular kind of outfit but fit is everything, and this is a classic example. Those gitman bd's are nice though. he has more of the body structure for it. Honestly i think the jacket/shirt are probably fine its just the jeans/shoes/hat.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JKISSI
Mellowfellow thats crisp man..

Take it easy on my lil man , i had nothing to do with the clotges if thats hard to believe lol it sparked a interesting topic, so I just did a post on children and fashion on my blog. For the full story go there lol

jeremiah1.png

BOTTOM BUTTON
biggrin.gif

almost as cute as that one kid with the jeans and the hat.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Take it easy on my lil man , i had nothing to do with the clothes if thats hard to believe lol it sparked a interesting topic, so I just did a post on children and fashion on my blog. For the full story go there lol

jeremiah1.png

I hate kids. But that's precious.

JaPo

Reaction score

Take it easy on my lil man , i had nothing to do with the clothes if thats hard to believe lol it sparked a interesting topic, so I just did a post on children and fashion on my blog. For the full story go there lol

jeremiah1.png

Cat's so fresh. He's styling most all cats on this site. Mayne.

Cat's even got the nonchalant pose down to a tee. Is it your nephew? Son?

Props.

Originally Posted by kelvinsense
I think it's pretty simple. Better fitting clothes that are much less expensive would look mcuh better on him than more expensive brands of the same thing Jeans/ sneakers / button-down is such a regular kind of outfit but fit is everything, and this is a classic example.

Those gitman bd's are nice though. he has more of the body structure for it. They don't make XS, le sigh.

Truth up. Always been my philosophy.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol in the infamous bottom button take off .. ahahah let him slide lol

that's what this forum makes you notice over time. ahahah. So, who dresses that kid than? I think he's on pace to outdoing all of us soon.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jeremiah1.png

Awesome, fly as hell dude. Great blog post too by the way.

JKISSI

Reaction score
kelvinsense .. hes my nephew, thats the thing man he does it majority by himself , maybe a lil help from Mommy but thats about it truthfully

Andrew, thanks man appreciate it post took some time , but it looks good lol

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
haha, I think that is hardly the case. I guess it is just that chromeo was saying something and he really didnt justify why he said it. So to me, it seemed more like an attack than a critique... And honestly, I really do want to hear constructive criticism because I know I am no model and clothing has only become an interest of mine since I have come to college. Im still relatively new to the whole 'personal style' thing. but im diggin it!
biggrin.gif
about the poses: I dont really have a good mirror, and I cant take shots outside because my camera is a POS, so its hard to represent my fit all that well. im definitely not trying to have some 'attitude' with my pictures. honestly, I was thinking I should start cropping my face outta pics because I think I would get more 'neutral' replies about the outfit itself, and not necessarily the stupid grin on my face.... Kent

Not everyone is going to give you a treatise on why your outfit was a bit messed up. I told you it was the top button not working whatsoever in your fit. Also, quit thinking about it so much. Just take a picture that shows what you're wearing. All you showed was your shirt which you screwed up. Also, for future reference, when you post something kinda unremarkable (not necessarily bad), you probably won't get many comments, as there isn't much to comment on (again. not always bad). Just post pics and don't worry about it. Just helping you out Also, i can't remember be uncertain/comfortable in my clothes for a long time. The hand fixation thing isn't a big deal, but i need to see an opthamologist or something (i forget which one is which) for the eye thing. **** happens but you gotta keep truckin' jskiss- The kid is adorable, man. The blog has been better lately. Nice work. I wish some of the little kids around here styled a bit. All the middle school kids just do the tuck pants into socks thing, and then really into the overly girly **** like dora backpacks or spongebob varsity jackets and pink ****. I dunno, seeing these big ass middle school kids wearing tiny pink backpacks is just kinda weirding me out lately. Your picture quality is looking super crisp too. pink- The landscape is scary. Makes me think of places people go to dump bodies
eh.gif
mellowfellow needs to give me those lim pants and soon

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kelvinsense .. hes my nephew, thats the thing man he does it majority by himself , maybe a lil help from Mommy but thats about it truthfully

Andrew, thanks man appreciate it post took some time , but it looks good lol

That is pretty cool. In those days I was only into power rangers and ****

JKISSI

Reaction score
Chrono , thanks man I'll be sure to tell him chrono said your adorable lol, but yeah man the fashion blogs popping up is dime a dozen so we had to go back to the drawing board and think what we could do to really seperate ourselves man. It has seem be working rgoufh with the increase of readers and such. I love doing it to be honest .

LOL @ boys with pink bookbags thats funny man

thanks man 50 mm 1.8 lens on xti btw if anyone curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads