• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
PG, love the photo story. Looking great, as usual. I'd love to take a tour through your suit closet. You must have enough to mount a retrospective show. Damn.
- thanks buddy, read on!

Originally Posted by PinkPantser
target, jc, eg, br
- great stuff!

Back to Topic

Temp - 30c - 32c, too hot to be hung over..
Days Agenda - Sunday, brunch w friends then hair-cut then zzzzzzzzzzzz

Last night.. Nice French bistro.. Cute waitress..
L1000778.jpg
L1000779.jpg

Tools for fun..
L1000780W.jpg

The vice - well on of them..
L1000781W.jpg

Mmmm..
L1000784W.jpg

Ohhhh..
L1000809.jpg
L1000807.jpg

WOW! Cognac burn..
L1000789W.jpg

Am I in a space ship? Why am I surrounded by bottles of wine?
L1000776W.jpg

Home time
L1000811W.jpg

Why are there so many people this morning?
L1000817W.jpg

That's it! I'm done..
L1000823W.jpg

Home stretch - couldn't decide
L1000832W.jpg

L1000840W.jpg

Frames Ti matt black frame w vanilla temples - Viktor & Rolf (the choice of retired dictators..)
Sun-glasses Tom Ford for James Bond - Ti
Shirt Blue/white stripe, cotton seer-sucker BD - MHKGM
Watch Ti Aquatimer 2000 3536-001 - IWC
Belt E. Zegna
Jean White summer weight denim - UNIQLO
Socks Sockettes - Rede
F/wear\tDark blue moccassin - Cole Hahn (these are so comfy with the Nike air doobiwacky)
Odeur\tVirgin Island Water - Creed​

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG, sometimes it's hard for me to decide who I will live vicariously through - you or vox.

Drunk bromance FTW.

mc25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
L1000840W.jpg

d[/center]

You're my favourite on the board...love to see what you're coming up with. I have to get me a pair of white jeans, but with your skin tone and the colours you wear it looks great.

dkatz

Reaction score
Firt SF WAYWT. To a buddy's graduation.

Upper half
img9647.jpg

Lower half
img9677q.jpg

All together now! (in ****** quality)
95169948.jpg

JVxConverse bag
made-to-measure in Thailand linen jacket
made-to-measure in Thailand shirt
SExDBxS09
vintage brogued monk-straps

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last fit was RRL, YMC, RL

P5170680.jpg

Today--power was out for about 12 hours
frown.gif

Running errands.
American Needle
Gitman
Barbour
Jean Shop
CP

Trendy Sing Sing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmize
First WAYWT
colgate.gif

WAYWT51709.jpg

Blurry as hell. Nice cardigan, though. The shirt reminds me little bit of Barney (the big purple dinosaur), not like thats a bad thing. Barney kicks ass.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Last fit was RRL, YMC, RL

P5170680.jpg

Today--power was out for about 12 hours
frown.gif

Running errands.
American Needle
Gitman
Barbour
Jean Shop
CP

This looks really... normal for what it is.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
solid stuff Shore, Id wear it.

I feel the ball cap clashes with the vibe of the barbour though (sporty ameriacan vs brithis/hunting). But i realise thats a pretty contrieved "rule"...

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I normally fiddle with my shirt buttons because of nervous twitching.

sounds like someone is uncertain/uncomfortable in their own clothes...

JaPo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
This looks really... normal for what it is.

This is exactly what I thought. Remove the cap, seriously slim things up and, in my opinion, you'll look significantly better in your clothes. I'd love to have that kind of wardrobe, but I think you could be doing so much better with it. At the moment, I think it's making you look short and square.

Judging by Kent Money's expression and pose he seems like the kind of cat who thinks they're better looking than everyone else on the forum. A kind of arrogant contempt which entails the idea 'I won't really listen to what anyone says I just want them to bask in my beauty'. As I'm basing this ridiculous accusation on a few pictures, I could be wrong. It's not necessarily a bad thing, either.

@PinkPantser: Are they Persols or Wayfarers with different lenses? It's very difficult to tell from here.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaPo

Judging by Kent Money's expression and pose he seems like the kind of cat who thinks they're better looking than everyone else on the forum. A kind of arrogant contempt which entails the idea 'I won't really listen to what anyone says I just want them to bask in my beauty'. As I'm basing this ridiculous accusation on a few pictures, I could be wrong. It's not necessarily a bad thing, either.

haha, I think that is hardly the case. I guess it is just that chromeo was saying something and he really didnt justify why he said it. So to me, it seemed more like an attack than a critique...

And honestly, I really do want to hear constructive criticism because I know I am no model and clothing has only become an interest of mine since I have come to college. Im still relatively new to the whole 'personal style' thing. but im diggin it!
biggrin.gif

about the poses: I dont really have a good mirror, and I cant take shots outside because my camera is a POS, so its hard to represent my fit all that well. im definitely not trying to have some 'attitude' with my pictures.

honestly, I was thinking I should start cropping my face outta pics because I think I would get more 'neutral' replies about the outfit itself, and not necessarily the stupid grin on my face....

Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads