• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
40 ounces of frozen margerita and a cohiba robusto before dinner

dinner here

http://www.emerils.com/restaurant/3/...co/dinner-menu

home made sausage, choriso
pork cheeks and dirty rice
lamb meat balls
boneless spare ribs
chedder and bacon spoon bread

very nice bottle of toscan wine

then, went here

http://www.creolecreamery.com/

for
red velvet and sweet corn, pepper and rasberry ice creams

then to http://www.snugjazz.com/site/

Ah...the good life in the Big Easy. Last time I was down there, it was during Mardi Gras the year Katrina hit. Are things close to the way they were?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
All you can eat seafood down in Pasadena (Maryland), hon! Crabbies, crabbies, crabbies! En' summa dem raw oosters! En' snow crabs, en' dem dungins crabs too, hon! En' steamed shrimps en hush puppies!

If you don't count the mallet, no utensils were used in the eating of this meal (by me, anyways).

seafood1.jpg

seafood2.jpg

And who says a baby cramps your style? Just slap your 1-month old on the table and have at. (That's pop-pop in the back.)

seafood3.jpg

sirilucky

Reaction score
I had a frozen pizza last night. As a child of the "latchkey kid" generation of the late 70s and early 80s, I had plenty of frozen pizza for dinner. Mostly it just tastes like cardboard and I avoid it like the plague, unless I'm feeling sentimental for low rent, highly processed comfort foods. l got an Amy's vegan Roasted Veggie pizza last night and -- ummmmmmmmm it is pretty tasty.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Ah...the good life in the Big Easy. Last time I was down there, it was during Mardi Gras the year Katrina hit. Are things close to the way they were?

my wife asked me that. here's my take - people warn you a lot more than they used to, we were told, by sevaral people, not to walk west of bourbon. I wanted to go to a club on rampart, and several people told me to take a cab - 2 blocks. on the other hand, I used to notice a lot of white runaways hanging out on corners and around, scruffy kids who looked like they would mug you if they had a chance, but didn't look very tough in general. those are pretty much gone - I think that the serious tough guys have pushed them out.

a lot of closed stores, a huge number of houses for sale - we probrably saw signs on 50 houses just in the area of royal for sale.

my wife thought that the whole city looked very depressing - she was only there once before, 10 years ago for 2 days. she said this time it looked like the 3rd world.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
my wife asked me that. here's my take - people warn you a lot more than they used to, we were told, by sevaral people, not to walk west of bourbon. I wanted to go to a club on rampart, and several people told me to take a cab - 2 blocks. on the other hand, I used to notice a lot of white runaways hanging out on corners and around, scruffy kids who looked like they would mug you if they had a chance, but didn't look very tough in general. those are pretty much gone - I think that the serious tough guys have pushed them out.

a lot of closed stores, a huge number of houses for sale - we probrably saw signs on 50 houses just in the area of royal for sale.

my wife thought that the whole city looked very depressing - she was only there once before, 10 years ago for 2 days. she said this time it looked like the 3rd world.

A woman I know who just went recently got held up walking those same 2 blocks. Good advice that.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fried Okra with Red Pepper Relish
Bresaola
Fried Soft-shell Crab with Arugula Salad
Espresso

smile.gif

why18

Reaction score
Dinner tonight.

khapraomoo.jpg

Simple one dish meal. Ka Prao Moo ( Thai style stir-fried minced pork with Holy Basil), rice and an over done sunny side up.
eh.gif

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greek. The usual - roast lamb shoulder, prawn souvlaki and some chicken livers to start.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why18
Dinner tonight.
khapraomoo.jpg
Simple one dish meal. Ka Prao Moo ( Thai style stir-fried minced pork with Holy Basil), rice and an over done sunny side up.
eh.gif

What is Holy Basil?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For some unknown reason, we decided to make homemade bagel dogs.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Douglas, nice crab feast. God, I need to visit the Chesapeake area again soon.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
For some unknown reason, we decided to make homemade bagel dogs.

Hand in your cummerbund and smoking jacket now, please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads