• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
BMW Z4 M Coupe running CSLs and a 3.91 final drive:
widesig.jpg

I really like this car, much nicer than the first Z4s..

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asterix
^^^^^ Man after my heart! When people ask my wife (since they never approach me) why we have more than the expected standard 2 cars (also we are a young couple with a 2 yr old son), she tries to explain to them, like I did when she met me as a single guy who must always have 2 cars, that: 1. We never have to worry about missing any appointment/event because a car opts to act up and 2. Like with our clothes, there is the work car, play car or/and special events car. The ability to rotate use amongst 2 or more similar items, lessens the wear and tear on any particular one.

Yeah I have 3 cars. Plan to get a XJ6 this fall, I really want one for taking friends and family to plays, dinners etc. For the most part though I take the honda accord. It's just cheap basic transportation with very low maintenance. If I meet up with friends for brunch I love to take the solstice gxp. For just having a fun drive or going racing I take the porsche.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
BMW Z4 M Coupe running CSLs and a 3.91 final drive:
widesig.jpg

Smart Fortwo for commuting:
smartmini.jpg

You have the best car in the thread hands down. Only real car people ever seem to really appreciate this car. It is, without a doubt, the last best BMW ever sold. No iDrive, no automatic, minimal computer control. Perfect.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
You have the best car in the thread hands down. Only real car people ever seem to really appreciate this car. It is, without a doubt, the last best BMW ever sold. No iDrive, no automatic, minimal computer control. Perfect.

Thanks! I love BMW's high-powered inline-6s like those used in the M1, the E24 M6, E28/E34 M5, and the E46 M3. With the trend towards turbos and more cylinders, the Z4MC looked like my last chance to get an M-Division inline-6 new, and the Z3 M Coupe and Z4 M Coupe are, imo, the purest driver's cars they've made since the M1. As you mentioned, it's got minimal driver aids and those can be disabled, which makes for some fun, sometimes hairy, drives.
smile.gif
I also think it's the most successful of the "flame-surfaced" designs.

I can't think of anything I'd replace it with.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Z4 M Coupe. I'm not sure if the car pictured is yours, but if it is, those CSL wheels are sex. Probably one of my favorite stock wheels EVER. My next car is going to be a 135i slammed on them...

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Love the Z4 M Coupe. I'm not sure if the car pictured is yours, but if it is, those CSL wheels are sex. Probably one of my favorite stock wheels EVER. My next car is going to be a 135i slammed on them...

Yep, it's mine. The CSL/ZCP design is great - I knew I'd swap them onto the car before I even started the buying process. The concave shape really goes with the design of the flame-surfaced cars. I've seen them looking almost as good on E92 coupes. I'd think the 19" size might look out of proportion on a 1-series, though - are you thinking 18" reps?

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I can find decent quality reps, I will definitely go with 18's. Like I said, I plan on lowering the vehicle with some coilovers so 18's would probably be my best bet.

BUT

We'll see what happens to '08 E9x M3 prices in the coming months. Might go that route too...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Dislike all bangled cars but the shoe is nice. CSL is the nicest stock wheel but still stock.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Already had these cued up in imageshack for another thread:

nr3zdt.jpg

driverseatgl1.jpg

brp2.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
excellent photography skills natty
fistbump.gif

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Already had these cued up in imageshack for another thread:

Nice! Is that a Silverstone sedan? I don't see the carbon roof.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
Nice! Is that a Silverstone sedan? I don't see the carbon roof.

Not sure what they call the color, I always call it silver.. No carbon fiber, has a sunroof instead.. That, and 414 hp..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads