• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Punch-Cap Recommendations

bc78

Reaction score
I'm looking for a punch-cap balmoral in medium to dark brown calf. I was thinking of the C & J Belgrave but wanted to see if anyone had other suggestions. I don't want to spend more than $500.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J makes those BB Peal punch caps on the 240 last. rebel222 recently posted some nice pics of his pair in the shoe pron thread. I believe Alden also makes a nice one.

http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ane2_900.htm

jon5986

Reaction score
At the current exchange rate you could get Cleverley RTW shoes for near that. They have some nice punch caps on their website. Alternatively, you could try C&J or Edward Green........

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have a look at JM WESTON models ..They have a few great models you will find attractive..
Church's are in the same price range ..

bc78

Reaction score
All good suggestions. Thank you.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
C&J makes those BB Peal punch caps on the 240 last. rebel222 recently posted some nice pics of his pair in the shoe pron thread. I believe Alden also makes a nice one.

http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ane2_900.htm

Here are the pics from my shoe Appreciation post:

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

bc78

Reaction score
Rebel222 do you they fit pretty true to size?

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of those BBs on the 240 in Black (my wedding/funereal/ IV shoes). Lengthwise they are true to size, but may run a tad wide -- the Es are more like EEs.

Not the sleekest last out there -- they have a lot of volume, which also may account for them feeling a bit bigger/wider -- but a classic design that you can get for a good price on sale.

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spark
I have a pair of those BBs on the 240 in Black (my wedding/funereal/ IV shoes). Lengthwise they are true to size, but may run a tad wide -- the Es are more like EEs.

Not the sleekest last out there -- they have a lot of volume, which also may account for them feeling a bit bigger/wider -- but a classic design that you can get for a good price on sale.

I like the BBs. I wish they weren't C & J though. I was initially going to pick up the Belgraves but I already have 3 pairs of C & J (2 348s and 1 337) so I thought it would be good to mix it up a bit.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are punched cap ideal for interviews, weddings and funerals? I am thinking of replacing my old plain captoe with a pair of punched cap

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
are punched cap ideal for interviews, weddings and funerals? I am thinking of replacing my old plain captoe with a pair of punched cap

A stitched cap is more conservative and but I think you'd be fine with a punched cap for those occasions.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are excellent but they're from a small maker so there may be a wait to get them.

[/quote]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads