• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Albums You Regret Buying

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
that is from Simple Minds. also in the Breakfast Club soundtrack

laugh.gif
Who was married to Chrissie Hynde?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not any in particular -- I rarely bought music. Maybe Bob Dylan's Modern Times, but that's not necessarily bad musically as much as just not the Dylan I prefer.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cas Ruffin
I regret listening to The Fray.

oh god.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably Estelle's last album. I should have just bought "American Boy" the single.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
george micheal - the best of

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Portishead isn't too bad--you know something has snob appeal when they still release vinyl for their albums.

There's nothing wrong with Portishead. I just don't listen to them anymore.

bradbury

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher

T.I. - I'm Serious, T.I. vs. T.I.P., Paper Trail

Gawd those suck. urban legend was average to bad. His only good album was trap muzik.

SoleBajan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
anything by radiohead after ok computer.
What are you talking about? Kid A has been one of their best albums to date, and Amnesiac + Hail To The Thief + In Rainbows have all received and continue to receive overwhelmingly positive reviews. Thom Yorke (The Eraser) on the other hand, has been a disappointment for me...not that I should have expected much different since he is a major exponent of the experimental electronic genre, which isn't quite my idea of music but that's the beauty of it, to each his own.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long Ago and Far Away by The Shroud

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Not any in particular -- I rarely bought music. Maybe Bob Dylan's Modern Times, but that's not necessarily bad musically as much as just not the Dylan I prefer.

Yeah, Modern Times was a let-down after Time Out of Mind and Love & Theft. I spun it this morning and still only liked one track.

Also regret Radiohead's Kid A. And Kubelik's Mahler cycle.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Don't you, forget about me!
bigstar[1].gif
This was the big song sumer '83 in Ios - I still associate it with topless Swedish girls....

It was also Simple Minds. Regrets? I've had a few. Wang Chung "To Live and Die in LA" soundtrack; The Jets (don't ask); Follow For Now "Follow for Now" (great live band, awful album); Prince "The Gold Experience".

Vito

Reaction score
"Trout Mask Replica" by Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band. I often saw it on those "Best Album of All Time" lists that are published in rock magazines, along with classic albums by the great old artists (Rolling Stones, Springsteen, Dylan, etc.), so I bought it. Well, it turned out to be one of the worst albums I've ever heard, a load of really bad "avant garde" nonsense. A ******* big waste of money.

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by life_interrupts
It was also Simple Minds.

Wang Chung "To Live and Die in LA" soundtrack

One of my brothers is a big Wang Chung fan and he loves that soundtrack album. I thought the movie was OK, although I've never listened to Wang Chung and I'm not familiar with any of their songs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads