• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
Looks incredible but they seem to run smaller than in the past. If I'm a medium in the SC denim shirts would I need to size up to a large in the new ones?

The measurements might seem smaller but they run about the same, you'd still be a medium.

Kill_switch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Funny you should mention that.. Just made plans to have lunch with the president of Skulls next week in Tokyo. We should be at a final design by then... But nothing will be out before the winter at the soonest. We've still got three big ones before then.
thats actually a great time, ill prob have my pbjs at their peak by then.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Introducing the 3Sixteen Denim Series & Bracelets

We're proud to announce our newest addition to our denim lines here at Self Edge with 3sixteen.
We're starting off with three denim models and a few bracelet styles... The collection is handsewn in America of the finest fabrics, ensuring that every piece has a compelling story to tell.

Beyond the garments, we here at Self Edge love the guys behind the label and their vision of the future; this is why we've chosen to bring a rare non-Japanese brand into our mix of labels which we represent.

The first offerings from 3Sixteen come in the form of two jean silhouettes and a set of leather bracelets produced by Tanner Goods. The jeans were designed in part by Self Edge and we oversaw the sourcing and production of these from the beginning to end to make sure these were worthy of adding to the rest of what we carry here at the store.

The SL-100x jean is a straight leg cut made of selvedge indigo denim from Japan's famous Kaihara Mill complete with custom rivets, a thick leather tag from Tanner Goods, and chainstitched hems.
The ST-100x is a slim cut jean with a small leg opening to please those looking for a slim jean that's got a form fitting silhouette, also made of Kaihara's denim. The slim tapered cut is also available with black resin coated denim from Cone Mills (ST-210).

Also available are leather bracelets available in two styles in black or tan leather. These were produced in Oregon by Tanner Goods out of a sturdy thick English Bridle leather.

All three denim models and bracelets are available now in our online store. Check the product pages in our online store for more photographs, spec lists, and measurements:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=82

SL-100x - Straight Leg Indigo Selvedge
3sixteen_straight_01_web-784055.jpg

3sixteen_straight_02_web-783989.jpg

ST-100x - Slim Leg Indigo Selvedge
3sixteen_slim_indigo_01_web-748757.jpg

3sixteen_slim_indigo_02_web-748691.jpg

3sixteen_straight_04_web-709849.jpg

3sixteen_straight_07_web-709781.jpg

ST-210 - Slim Leg Black Coated
3sixteen_slim_black_01_web-755537.jpg

3sixteen_slim_black_02_web-755468.jpg

3sixteen_slim_black_04_web-720890.jpg

3sixteen_slim_black_05_web-720819.jpg

Leather Bracelet - Dual Strand
3sixteen_double_tan_black_01_web-772175.jpg

Leather Bracelet - Single Strand
3sixteen_single_tan_black_01_web-772120.jpg

3sixteen_black_double_01_web-746366.jpg

3sixteen_black_single_01_web-746310.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Self Edge Jewelry Collection

We'd been wanting to bring in jewelry to add into the Self Edge line of garments but hadn't done it purely because we hadn't found the right silversmiths to work with. We wanted something that rivaled the best hand made jewelry available but didn't cost a fortune, and after some work we've found three jewelers that we're closely working with to bring you the first line of jewelry from Self Edge.
You cannot find a jewelry piece with this much detail at this cost, regardless of where it was produced.
All our jewelry is produced in the Southwest United States by the top silversmiths alive.

For this first collection we've produced rings, bracelets, and pendents all made of pure 925 silver and some with 12 carat gold accents.

The techniques used to produce every piece along with the silversmith that produced each piece is contained within each piece's product page in our online store.
Check the online store for hi-res photos, specs, and more information on each piece:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=75

Feather Bracelet
se_bracelet_04_03_web-703288.jpg

Feather Bracelet w/ Gold Fill
se_bracelet_03_03_web-730186.jpg

Bow Bracelet
se_bracelet_02_03_web-703272.jpg

Wire Depth Bracelet
se_bracelet_05_03_web-767860.jpg

Domed Silver Bracelet w/ Coil
se_bracelet_07_03_web-767840.jpg

Silver Axe Bracelet
se_bracelet_01_03_web-733855.jpg

Silver Bracelet w/ Buttons
se_bracelet_06_03_web-733838.jpg

Feather Ring
se_ring_02_02_web-708557.jpg

Feather Ring w/ Gold Fill
se_ring_03_02_web-708537.jpg

Wire Wrap Ring - Outward
se_ring_04_02_web-771691.jpg

Wire Wrap Ring - Inward
se_ring_01_02_web-771676.jpg

Dale Key Hook
se_keyhook_01_web-772568.jpg

premo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
Really? That looks tight even for a post-soak fit... why would you not suggest exchanging for one size up? Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but a fit this tight guarantees a crotch blowout...

Since I have not yet worn them more than to try them on and take pics, I'm interested in knowing the answer to this... Or maybe exchange them for a different pair...

davo10375

Reaction score
Kiya, when will you be getting a restock for Skull 5010 6x6's? Looking for a sz36 I think (waist is pretty much 36''; these aren't sanforized are they?) Also would this be a good jean choice for a slim/straight jean with a bit roomier thigh and a noticeable taper to the hem? Thanks!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
Kiya, when will you be getting a restock for Skull 5010 6x6's? Looking for a sz36 I think (waist is pretty much 36''; these aren't sanforized are they?) Also would this be a good jean choice for a slim/straight jean with a bit roomier thigh and a noticeable taper to the hem? Thanks!

We'll have more when they produce their next run in three weeks.
But it doesn't sound like you want the 5010, that jean has very little room in the thigh and isn't tapered.
I'd look into the SE05BSP, that's a slim jean with a little room in the thigh and it's tapered.

davo10375

Reaction score
Cool, cheers kiya. Bought my first proper denim off you (nudie grim tims) and got quite a bit of good wear out of them. The fit is great on them except too tight on the thighs as well as a hectic crotch blowout!

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I want something really slim in the hips & arse, relatively straight (enough to look normal with sz. 11 boots), and generally cool-looking, should I go for Dukes, Kings, F310s, or F380s? And if I'm 27/28 in APC NS, I'd be a 29/30 in all those, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads