• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
You dismiss the Canucks too easily... before the playoffs a lot of people felt we had a very strong chance to go deep. Besides, at the beginning of the season, you never know who is a contender, aside from Detroit. Where'd the sharks go?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
You dismiss the Canucks too easily... before the playoffs a lot of people felt we had a very strong chance to go deep. Besides, at the beginning of the season, you never know who is a contender, aside from Detroit. Where'd the sharks go?

Truth.... and what about Boston? who knew they would be THAT good.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1.

I don't think Luongo is going anywhere.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hiller is playing out-of-his mind right now. Best goalie of the postseason by far.

Casual

Reaction score
No, I call them like I see them. Whatever "a lot of people" say at the beginning of the season, the fact is Luongo has won 11 playoff games in his career. Giving him the captaincy is not going to keep him in Vancouver. Wasting $5 million on a over the hill player isn't going to make the Canucks a contender. Where have the Sharks ever gone?

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
Hiller is playing out-of-his mind right now. Best goalie of the postseason by far.

He was something else tonight. They just said it will be Detroit's first game seven in seven years.

Mauby

Reaction score
Blackhawks are going to have a tough time with either the Ducks or Redwings. I'm looking forward to a good series.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casual
Wasting $5 million on a over the hill player isn't going to make the Canucks a contender.
Having 5 top 4 d-men, two of the better two-way forwards in the NHL in Kesler and Burrows, and a pretty consistent lineup throughout (Canucks could roll 4 lines better than just about anyone), not to mention a solid system, made them a contender. It's about depth more than anything. Moreover we now have one of the best prospects waiting in the wings in Hodgson. He could be a dud of course, but that's always the way.

Canucks are fine. They're not set, but they're fine. In order to really get a dominant young team outside of Detroit these days you need to be somewhere around last in the league for at least 1-2 seasons. Which is how Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Buffalo a couple of years ago and to a large extent Boston this year did it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Coyotes do it pretty soon, though they might do it under another name. For a team that consistently finishes in or near the playoffs, we do okay. We could definitely draft better, but recently that's been on the ups with Bourdon (RIP) Grabner Raymond Edler and Hodgson.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus

Yeah...who the hell saw that coming? I certainly didn't. Thomas was my early favorite.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the champions of the world are ....Russians again.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here we go! AFOAISFPWOEIoskafs;dkga'as

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads