• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh dont kid yourself, you just love saying Lucic.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That too... but also coz he's a product of Vancouver Giants hockey. But doesn't look like Boston's on the winning side of things at the moment. Why can't I have nice things?
frown.gif

Mauby

Reaction score
Was at the Hawks-Canuks game last night...that was exciting as hell. Yes, I am fully aware that hockey games aren't supposed to have that much scoring in them.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
Was at the Hawks-Canuks game last night...that was exciting as hell. Yes, I am fully aware that hockey games aren't supposed to have that much scoring in them.
Kane's third goal was amazing.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently Luongo tried to commit suicide after the game by standing in front of a bus...but it went through his legs too.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Apparently Luongo tried to commit suicide after the game by standing in front of a bus...but it went through his legs too.

At least he didn't dive and pretend it hit him afterwards like Roloson would.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy

LOL.
Good one.

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Deserved everything they got. Carcillo wasn't such a good trade after all, was he?
Vancouver got farther than they deserved. Sundin wasn't such a good pick up after all, was he?

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casual
Vancouver got farther than they deserved. Sundin wasn't such a good pick up after all, was he?

Out in the second round seems about right for this team. I'm a Canucks fan, but Luongo's reputation is bigger than his game, and our defence was overmatched by the Hawks.

Given that we had cap space, I'd say Sundin was a decent rental. It'll be sad to see the twins leave, if they go, but Ohlund is already looking a bit past it. That said, he put in some solid years in Vancouver and didn't get much recognition for an excellent career.

Congrats to the Hawks. Hope they thump Detroit (or Anaheim).

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGimpy
Out in the second round seems about right for this team. I'm a Canucks fan, but Luongo's reputation is bigger than his game, and our defence was overmatched by the Hawks.
Is next year the last of Luongo's contract? If so, do you see him sticking around? I would be happy to see Chicago and Boston in the final.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Sundin was an excellent pickup. He did what he should have done in that game: gave us a lead in the 3rd. In game 5 he gave us a lead in the 2nd. Moreover he didn't cost us anything real; sure, 5 mil of the owner's money, but no starters, no prospects, no draft picks and no cap space that was actually going to be used by anyone else. The perfect rental player.

Luongo has another year on his contract. He may have to take a pay cut to stay. The Sedins are up this year, and they had a pretty good playoffs, though not stellar. Hopefully we resign them for 5 mil each, if they want more I'm pretty sure they're gone.

Casual

Reaction score
He did his time in Florida. I see him wanting to move to a contender.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads