• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Thin-Red Line backorder pre-order... We're idiots

Ged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chison
got the same email today as well, very troubling for me, I wear a US size 9 EEE, as measured by Alllen Edmonds and Church, not really sure if I should go with 8 G or 8 1/2 G, and with such a stringent return policy not sure I should go through with it at all. Totally understand their position though, this is my first pair of Sargents and it is a very good deal, any thoughts or suggestions?thanks

I'd actually be inclined to go 8.5G. I am a 8EEE in AE MacNeil Cordo and a 7.5-8G in UK brands including Church. A bit of extra length never hurt.

Ged

Trojanman74

Reaction score
somehow i knew i would hear from him yesterday but not by today is getting me thinking i can spend my money else where

TEPLimey

Reaction score
For any of those interested, I would keep checking the TRL website for returns. I just scored a pair of the black suede loafers in an 8.5UK which someone must have sent back.

I ordered a 9UK in my original order (which I found ran a little big), so if they don't fit, I will be putting them up here for sale.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TEPLimey
For any of those interested, I would keep checking the TRL website for returns. I just scored a pair of the black suede loafers in an 8.5UK which someone must have sent back.

I ordered a 9UK in my original order (which I found ran a little big), so if they don't fit, I will be putting them up here for sale.

I checked all the shoes don't see any new sizes.

chison

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ged
I'd actually be inclined to go 8.5G. I am a 8EEE in AE MacNeil Cordo and a 7.5-8G in UK brands including Church. A bit of extra length never hurt.

Ged

thanks ged, I'm inclined to agree with you, appreciate the feedback!

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wrote a script to find all available shoes and sizes and it will update to me every 15 minutes
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
FYI, there are 2 UK12 right now, but a minute ago there is a UK8.5, somebody was lucky

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
I just wrote a script to find all available shoes and sizes and it will update to me every 15 minutes
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

FYI, there are 2 UK12 right now, but a minute ago there is a UK8.5, somebody was lucky

How does that work?

TEPLimey

Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Yea, I was just lucky. My point was for other posters to go back every once in a while and just check. You might get lucky too. I can barely check email and you're writing scripts like that? Wow. Just wow.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
How does that work?

Something like:

int qty = 0;
foreach (AwesomeShoe as in TRLWebsite.Saleshoes)
{
foreach(ShoeSize ss in as.Sizes)
{
if (ss.QtyAvailable > 0)
{
qty+= ss.QtyAvailable;
}
}
}
if (qty > 0)
{
EmailOnyx("Shoes available!")
}
else
{
frown.gif

}

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Something like:

int qty = 0;
foreach (AwesomeShoe as in TRLWebsite.Saleshoes)
{
foreach(ShoeSize ss in as.Sizes)
{
if (ss.QtyAvailable > 0)
{
qty+= ss.QtyAvailable;
}
}
}
if (qty > 0)
{
EmailOnyx("Shoes available!")
}
else
{
frown.gif

}

You have SKILLZ!

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they block the server where my script located

Thank you for your interest in our shoe stock levels. Unfortunately, your script is hitting the server too often, is testing product codes which don't exist and is going to find little of interest - we have had very, very few returns.

If you would like to be informed about returns on shoes, please contact [email protected] and we will try to organise something for you.

Best regards,

Lol, I don't think I drain that much of bandwidth from them...

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your interest in our shoe stock levels. Unfortunately, your script is hitting the server too often, is testing product codes which don't exist and is going to find little of interest - we have had very, very few returns.

If you would like to be informed about returns on shoes, please contact [email protected] and we will try to organise something for you.

Best regards,

Does it tie up their site?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best regards,

I can say the owners of thinredline are very tech savy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics