• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gallo in Milan

fox81

Reaction score
I'm in Milan this weekend, and dont have much else on my shopping list aside from a visit to Gallo.

Punching Gallo Milan into google maps brings back a lot of results that im sure aren't all sock shops. Can anyone direct me to the best Gallo store in Milan? I'll be staying around the Corso Buenos Aires if that helps.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stop into SW1 - you will not be dissapointed.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have two official boutiques in via Manzoni 16 and via Durini 26, their showroom is in via Andegari or the corner with via Manzoni but you can also find them at La Rinascente or at Malpensa and Linate airports.

fra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Stop into SW1 - you will not be dissapointed.

Thank you very much Whnay for mentioning our shop.

It is worth mentioning we have a promotional sale going on, thus a limited stock in some sizes but great prices.

Fra
(www.SW1.it)

Montesquieu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
They have two official boutiques in via Manzoni 16 and via Durini 26, their showroom is in via Andegari or the corner with via Manzoni but you can also find them at La Rinascente or at Malpensa and Linate airports.

The via Manzoni location looked closed (for good) when I passed it 3 months ago; check first before visiting this one. I must have walked by the via Durini location 3 times without noticing it last week. The Malpensa airport location has a nice selection for an airport shop.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found some on sale in February at La Rinascente in Piazza Duomo. It's open late (10pm), including the weekends. They had a good selection.

BrooklynWeGoHard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fra
Thank you very much Whnay for mentioning our shop.

It is worth mentioning we have a promotional sale going on, thus a limited stock in some sizes but great prices.

Fra
(www.SW1.it)

anyone ever try the SW1 Aurelia shoe from the "donna" collection? it looks great

fra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynWeGoHard
anyone ever try the SW1 Aurelia shoe from the "donna" collection? it looks great

Hi BrooklynWeGoHard, "donna" in Italian means lady.....we did the fancy colors only in women sizes in limited quantities (almost totally gone....). We made a few pairs MTO for men and we will certainly think about making a small stock in men sizes in the future. I hasten to add that due to the consequences of recession, our MTO program is suspended at the moment.

In the meanwhile the Aurelia is available in dark red and black (due to the promotional sale which is going on no much stock left....).

Kindest regards.

Fra

fox81

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
+10000000

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
The via Manzoni location looked closed (for good) when I passed it 3 months ago; check first before visiting this one. I must have walked by the via Durini location 3 times without noticing it last week. The Malpensa airport location has a nice selection for an airport shop.

Flying in to Bergamo sadly.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fra, you should add a "patine & glacage" service like the french!

fra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
fra, you should add a "patine & glacage" service like the french!

Hi Pabloj, although not mentioned in the website we in fact had a person dedicated to this service (the Italian way, just a bit antiquing and shades, see the shoe in my avatar) with a small surcharge on the normal price. He left us and unfortunately with recession we could not replace him.

Thank you very much for the imput. Kindest regards.

Fra
(www.SW1.it)

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you considered selling Gallo socks here on the forum (in the buying and selling section)? I for one would really enjoy buying some nice over the calf gallo socks from you; I rarely see the good ones here in the USA (for example, the light blue socks with faint brown stripes, etc. that i see in the french mens magazines)

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fra
Hi BrooklynWeGoHard, "donna" in Italian means lady.....we did the fancy colors only in women sizes in limited quantities (almost totally gone....). We made a few pairs MTO for men and we will certainly think about making a small stock in men sizes in the future. I hasten to add that due to the consequences of recession, our MTO program is suspended at the moment.

In the meanwhile the Aurelia is available in dark red and black (due to the promotional sale which is going on no much stock left....).

Kindest regards.

Fra

I am interested in the Aurelia in dark red - please send me a PM regarding the pricing and sizing you have left. I am also interested in knowing how this shoe is constructed - blake stitching or goodyear. Are the soles channeled?

Thank you.

daniele6

Reaction score
Fra sells shoes, not socks....

Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Have you considered selling Gallo socks here on the forum (in the buying and selling section)? I for one would really enjoy buying some nice over the calf gallo socks from you; I rarely see the good ones here in the USA (for example, the light blue socks with faint brown stripes, etc. that i see in the french mens magazines)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads