• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
laugh.gif

Just my favorite in season veggie.

I made some the other night, to go with our filets. Pan steamed them quickly, then drizzled some premium olive oil on them, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, toasted pine nuts, and some crumbled Cotswold cheese. Teh win.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I made some the other night, to go with our filets. Pan steamed them quickly, then drizzled some premium olive oil on them, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, toasted pine nuts, and some crumbled Cotswold cheese. Teh win.

Dude you are my kinda guy. I love Cotswold. And when asparagus is in season, I eat it probably 5 nights a week. Totally overkill. SoCal probably owes me at least 3 pairs of shoes or something.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
So I'm jogging today, for probably the first time in a month (at least). The heat index is ninety-five and I'm going up and down Tallahassee's considerable hills. I'm just starting up the hill that goes back to my house when some asshole in a pickup stops his truck in middle of the road and asks me for two bucks. I'm wearing board shorts and a t-shirt. I stop and pant out:

"Are you ******* kidding? Does it look like I have any money on me?"
"Sorry man, I'm just almost out of gas"
"Dude, I can see the ******* gas gauge from here, you have a quarter tank. Seriously, man, have you ever had any luck stopping people jogg-"

At this point I stopped myself, because here I am, 6'2", a skinny 170lbs, about to pass out from extertion as it is, talking **** to someone obviously crazy enough to stop people on the street in his car and ask for money. I quickly said "Look, no money, see ya" and ran off.

It was still a thing that pissed me off though.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The beef dhansak I made isn't very good and I made enough for a good chunk of the week. It lacks the sweetness of what I usually order in restaurants. The balti vegetables are ok, but not great. I need a better indian cookbook.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Dude you are my kinda guy. I love Cotswold. And when asparagus is in season, I eat it probably 5 nights a week. Totally overkill. SoCal probably owes me at least 3 pairs of shoes or something.

Kwik, you need to get to Germany during white asparagus season - I think early march. people go nuts over white asparagus, its thick around and lily white.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
So I'm jogging today, for probably the first time in a month (at least). The heat index is ninety-five and I'm going up and down Tallahassee's considerable hills. I'm just starting up the hill that goes back to my house when some asshole in a pickup stops his truck in middle of the road and asks me for two bucks. I'm wearing board shorts and a t-shirt. I stop and pant out:...

Two recent panhandling stories:

I was driving in my car and I stop at a red light, which is next to a bus stop. A guy at the bus stop waves at me, so I think maybe he's telling me I have a flat tire or a light that's gone out or something. I roll down my window and he says, "Dude, can you give me three dollars? I'm real poor." I shake my head and roll up the window. This guy must be new to panhandling as I've never heard a panhandler say "I'm poor"; they usually have a more specific reason like "just lost my job", "got two babies to feed", etc. He was at a bus stop so he could've even tried "I need money for the bus".

Another incident happened to my girlfriend. She was walking to her car to get something and a guy with a blind man's walking stick walks toward her, tapping his stick around, and says "Excuse me, ma'am". Now how would a blind person know that she was a woman? So she just ignored him and came back inside. Impersonating a blind person is really low. This guy must've just started using that trick if he made such an amateur mistake.

Originally Posted by globetrotter
Kwik, you need to get to Germany during white asparagus season - I think early march. people go nuts over white asparagus, its thick around and lily white.
Netherlands too.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
^^^^
this troll, especially his use of :drumroll: as if he thinks he/she/it is funny.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
The beef dhansak I made isn't very good and I made enough for a good chunk of the week. It lacks the sweetness of what I usually order in restaurants. The balti vegetables are ok, but not great. I need a better indian cookbook.
I had to reach to the top of my bookshelf to check this, which unleashed an avalanche of unstable books and totally pwned my laptop and I, but you might want to check out "Mahur Jaffrey's Indian Cookery" if you can find it. Some seagulls started **********/fighting right outside my window at 6 this morning which made rather a lot of noise so I couldn't ******* sleep. The "T" on my keyboard just came of and I am pressing the little rubber blob under the key, which should helpt my essay writing no end.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Whiney, needy, high maintenance direct reports. Bothering me 20 times a day, over the same damn things that are completely meaningless, will not ingratiate you with me, make me think you are doing a good job, or wish to spend more time with you. I don't care how many times you ask me if I'm going to be at a function Wednesday night, my plans to be at an out of town conference have not ******* changed!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Whiney, needy, high maintenance direct reports. Bothering me 20 times a day, over the same damn things that are completely meaningless, will not ingratiate you with me, make me think you are doing a good job, or wish to spend more time with you. I don't care how many times you ask me if I'm going to be at a function Wednesday night, my plans to be at an out of town conference have not ******* changed!
You no likey when people suck up to you?!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Condo dealings again--and people who do not understand the difference between weighting votes that are ranked (rate First through Fourth in order of preference) versus just "pick 3 out of the four candidates". Ugh.

And in the end, I don't care and just want the process to move on.

b

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mneh. just mneh. I am not even interested in telling you how not-interested I am at the moment.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm supposed to read a 19 page article titled "Gender as a vehicle for the subordination of women maquiladora workers in Mexico."
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm supposed to read a 19 page article titled "Gender as a vehicle for the subordination of women maquiladora workers in Mexico."
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I had to read a paper on l'ecriture feminine called "The Laugh of the Medusa" that was positively dreadful. Whenever a prof would veer off into women's issues, or the feminine perspective of something, I turn off. I REALLY DON'T CARE!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads