• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Damn.

Well, I don't think you'll have a problem selling that here.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the club short is the slimmest fit, although not the shortest.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the club shorts, I think they're a little nicer (in the details at least) than the five inch ones I've seen and you can roll them and they look pretty good. There might be new five inch shorts in a nicer fabric though. The club shorts are relatively slim but not really slim.

single speed

Reaction score
Anyone have expirience with their cotton/cashmere cardigans? i.e. do they stretch out?...positives and negatives if anyone has them.

also, just ordered the washed wool charcoal herringbone vest. i am a bit smaller than their smalls in the madras, but their secret wash BD's fit fine. how do their vest size up? thanks

ss

kinetic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by single speed
Anyone have expirience with their cotton/cashmere cardigans? i.e. do they stretch out?...positives and negatives if anyone has them.
ss

I have a one from the fall and I do wear it a lot. It does lose its shape a bit though. It's stretched a bit for me. Still fits but it's a little more loose than I would like. I have an all cashmere version as well and that has kept its shape fully.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The J Crew cotton/cashmere do stretch a tad. I take in the sides with a sewing machine, about 0.5" - 1" on each side.

single speed

Reaction score
thanks for the help. i'll take it to the tailor when i have a couple of my other j crew BD's tailored/taken in.

imightbechad

Reaction score
Can someone help approximate the cost of having a pair of pants hemmed and tapered?

Just want to make sure I don't get ripped off.

Thanks!

Chad

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got an email for Free Shipping on orders of $150 or more. I hope the sales start getting deeper as get further into the month.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics