• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
Well, I'm feeling very pleased with myself at the moment (hence the proliferation of posts) so I'll let you into a little secret:

Shoe4.jpg

This was produced by Alfred Sargent and should be with me by next week.

I hope that this helps

Clint

That is amazing for AS shoes.

clintonf

Reaction score
Hi, I'm afraid the additional details, such as the Beveled waist and Oak Bark Sole, will bring the price up to around £500 with a 6 - 8 week waiting period.

But what's written below was what I was informed of when I made my enquiries.

Originally Posted by speedster.8
Im quoting some other:
" What we are now offering is to be able to change any Premier range stock shoe to a customers individual requirement.
This will allow the customer to choose his own :-

Leather
Leather colour
Lining colour
Sole type for example Leather, Rubber Dainite
Leather sole treatment for example Stitched aloft or channelled
Leather sole colour
Heel for example 1/4 rubber, dovetail

These shoes would also include

A tin of shoe polish
Shoe bags
Spare laces
Shoe horn
The customers name on the lining
A cedarwood shoe tree

Price for this service would be £400.00 per pair plus postage.

We are in the process of producing a catalog for our AS Custom Grade which we will be launching next year
."

It appears to me that this might include beveled waist, but that would be to be arranged on order and up to AS.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
fritzl, shouldn't lasted trees alieve creasing? Especially when the trees are in?

the trees have been fitted the same day, which is unusual. call it my carelessness or whatever.

i should have been waiting with the photoshoot. they are already gone and i didn't want to reshoot.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
made by him:

kissbacsi2.jpg

I am so envious you have access to old world craftsmen like that gentleman in your picture, they are a dying breed.. He makes some very nice shoes, I particularly like the ones on bottom..

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Groover
As a comparision last wise to the shoes Clint has kindly posted for us here are my AS Connaught from the Premier Line on the 99 last:
DSC00630.jpg

- you need toe taps!

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
...Unfortunately, they do not come with lasted trees, but I'm sure this is something that AS will be working on...
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Im quoting some other:
" What we are now offering is to be able to change any Premier range stock shoe to a customers individual requirement.
This will allow the customer to choose his own :-

Leather
Leather colour
Lining colour
Sole type for example Leather, Rubber Dainite
Leather sole treatment for example Stitched aloft or channelled
Leather sole colour
Heel for example 1/4 rubber, dovetail

These shoes would also include

A tin of shoe polish
Shoe bags
Spare laces
Shoe horn
The customers name on the lining
A cedarwood shoe tree

Price for this service would be £400.00 per pair plus postage.

We are in the process of producing a catalog for our AS Custom Grade which we will be launching next year
."

It appears to me that this might include beveled waist, but that would be to be arranged on order and up to AS.

The above is what they told me when I placed an order a couple weeks ago. I opted for a basic black pair with Dainite soles and none of the extra trimmings. Since it's part of their trial run, they've kindly obliged me.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- you need toe taps!

No I don't. Never worn em, never had a problem with the toes wearing out before the rest of the shoe.

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Love the soles.

Aren't these the soles from Lodger shoes? Did we ever make a determination as to the standard that AS builds Lodger footwear to? Would be very interested to know.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pledge
Aren't these the soles from Lodger shoes? Did we ever make a determination as to the standard that AS builds Lodger footwear to? Would be very interested to know.

Must be a fairly decent standard as they want roughly £550 a pop which isnt cheap .......they do look very nice to be fair.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I am so envious you have access to old world craftsmen like that gentleman in your picture, they are a dying breed.. He makes some very nice shoes, I particularly like the ones on bottom..
yes, it is indeed a great pleasure to work with a living legend. besides, operation paprika is my way to say thank you and bring the legacy of his work to its purpose - wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads