• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heynow
not rb. They are OP.

If youre looking for a relatively inexpensive pair, I think Oakley has a pair like that. Maybe a bit sportier than youre looking for though....

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
If youre looking for a relatively inexpensive pair, I think Oakley has a pair like that. Maybe a bit sportier than youre looking for though....
Oakley Felon's/ Inmates? Went shopping today, found that I liked the Smith Chemist in Tortoise, Oakley Square Wire, and some of the Maui Jim memery and sport frames. Not enough funds though....
crazy.gif

heynow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
x-posted in Recent Purchases thread as well...

Ok here are my Oliver Peoples Riley with green lenses. I LOVE them.

They are similar to the Ray-Ban Wayfarer, but still pretty different. The frame is much thinner and lighter, as well as the lenses are more rounded. Despite being lighter and thinner they feel much more durable and well made than my old Ray-Bans. The faux shell is also wayyyyyyy nicer than the Ray-Bans, and the gold inlay in the frame (not visible) is a nice touch as well. I can't say enough how nice these are in person. The photos do no justice, but I only have a camera phone.

2r2rsk2.jpg

256cz2p.jpg

those are so the bateman frames.

op_bale.jpg

heynow

Reaction score
just picked em up, thoughts?? (and not about my big schnoz) they are oliver peoples commodore in spice brown frame with birch lens, they kinda turn red in the sun. it was between these and the brushed steel frame with gray lens which I thought was too boring. did I make the right choice??

dsc00692ojq.jpg

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good, they match your browline the color is neat too
cool.gif

veneficus5

Reaction score
Can anyone identify these shades? I have been desperately searching for them and I cannot find them anywhere.

21aisqq.jpg

29up1kn.jpg

2whi3kn.jpg

I got these pictures from here - http://tcsunglasses.com/s/259/Maggie...ack-White.aspx

I was barely able to order their last one in grey, but not the black/white version which is shown above. I contacted the website, and their sales rep was unable to give me any names. This website calls them "Maggies".

Here are the grey ones I ordered. They have "7449BR" written on the left earpiece, and they have "Italian Design" and "China" written on the right earpiece.
14v18o7.jpg

They also come in these colors which I found by searching google products for "oversized maggies"
24e8eht.jpg

2rf8qop.jpg

After many hours of searching, I was able to come across a similar looking pair of shades. They are called "Balenciagas" - http://www.unitedshades.com/product....odel=bal0031#;
ajxrit.jpg

If anyone can find these or provide me with any help, I would greatly appreciate it. If you can find me ones that are reasonably priced (<$20), I will personally send you $10 on paypal.

Much thanks

thefreeman

Reaction score
TC only seems to be out of stock, shouldn't they get them back in soon, or at least place your order on backorder if you order now?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
lol @ "Italian design, made in China"

You may laugh at that but there are a lot of Danish Design but produced in Japan. Like Iyoko Ineyake. It is a Danish designer but the quality of fabrication is better in Japan.

But I do agree that TOO MANY companies are toying with the "Italian Design" junk. If it is made in China just say so...dont try to cover it up by saying it was designed somewhere else...

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont know of any for less than $20 but if you're looking for something nice, there are a few brands that make something similar. Chanel, Missoni, Coach and Salt. There are tons like that. Sorry I cant help you with the inexpensive ones though.

veneficus5

Reaction score
I did try to place an order with TC, and it said they were out of stock. I contacted the manager, and he also said that they were not getting more in.

If you don't mind listing the more expensive brands, that would be very very helpful. In the end though, I want these exact glasses or something like them for a similar price.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by veneficus5
I did try to place an order with TC, and it said they were out of stock. I contacted the manager, and he also said that they were not getting more in.

If you don't mind listing the more expensive brands, that would be very very helpful. In the end though, I want these exact glasses or something like them for a similar price.

These are the Salts
holly1.jpg

I cant find the pictures for the other frames though...

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Made in Japan and Made in China do not have anything in common.

Actually they do. Both can be misleading. Just because it is made in Japan it doesnt mean that it will be made well. Also on the same note, saying that it is made in China doesnt mean that it will be bad quality. You have to take into consideration the cost of material, labour, rent, overhead in general. Obviously it is cheaper to produce in China, but a factory can be under strict supervision by it's customer (the designer). On the same note, products out of Japan can be made to be inexpensive if that is what the customer (wholesaler) wants.

tongue.gif

billionaireboy

Reaction score
looking for the online store that also shows the specific sunglasses that celebrities are wearing. I thought the link was in this thread, but after browsing the whole thread, i can't seem to find it.

can someone help me out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads