• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's Wearing Suspenders?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
I was told it was you on the way to eat caviar, no? I'm taking the bastards back.

Neah, the hat is not quite right.

I was just extrapolating from the relative female/male heights.

- B

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria:

Is that Foof with a top hat? Or whnay?

- B
I am delighted that Mark from Plano caught this before the edit: the answer is neither -- for the former the head is literally not big enough; for the latter it is figuratively not big enough.
sly.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I was just extrapolating from the relative female/male heights.

- B

Oh. Good point.

Originally Posted by eg1
Originally Posted by voxsartoria:

I am delighted that Mark from Plano caught this before the edit: the answer is neither -- for the former the head is literally not big enough; for the latter it is figuratively not big enough.
sly.gif

Oh. Good point.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Confusing opinion for knowledge is one of your charms.

- B

I know you are but what am I?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
sly.gif

Watch it...foofurieux is ever ready to gnaw ankles.

- B

ccffm1

Reaction score
I have a few pairs that I wear every now and then, mostly in autumn and winter. I find them supremely comfortable, much more so than wearing a belt.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
They're nice because they're both Regency And silhouetted. Beau Brummel is cool.

They are the only pair of Trafalgar Limited's that I've bought recently. Last pair I bought was maroon with golf clubs that I bought back in the '80's (I think). My formal pair is Trafalgar (black with three tiny white pinstripes).

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nexus6
+1

I know hardly anyone wears suspenders anymore.
Most men that would have one time worn them, are now probably in their 70's or 80's

I don't think they are that old. Millions of guys were wearing them 10-20 years ago, young guys, too. And they loved showing them off, ignoring the rules and advice that said keep a vest on if your jacket is off, etc. No one wore vests. Suspenders were a fad which is why few wear them now.

But now that an entry-level brown belt cost $135.00, I expect them to make a comeback.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch it...foofurieux is ever ready to gnaw ankles.

- B

Best he stay out of my neighbourhood -- I'll sic my two-wheeler-riding 3-year-old boy on him ...

bartil

Reaction score
Side-adjusters with braces - OK or not OK? It's obviously not "functional minimalism" though, so I guess not from this strict point of view?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bartil
Side-adjusters with braces - OK or not OK? It's obviously not "functional minimalism" though, so I guess not from this strict point of view?

If you have straight back trousers cut for suspenders, I would get side adjusters in case you do not want to wear suspenders.

If you have a fishtail back, I think adjustors, either the two at the side or one at the back, are superfluous.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics