• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts

Hellbound

Reaction score
Another favorite shirt of mine. I prefer authentic vintage ones(40's-early 70's). Silk or Barkcloth cotton(barkcloth is better for every day wear) Anyone a fan? Here's one of my favorites that my buddy is actually wearing.
l_052f001229bfe538653da6d2ed2de59f.jpg
Beer just tastes better when yer wearing a nice hawaiian shirt.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
+1 I'm a fan of the old 40s/50s aloha shirts

Have quite a few from Avanti and Sunsurf, perfect for summertime rockabilly shows

goes nice with white bucks & laceups

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they definitely have there place in certain settings and looks.
My biggest problem with many of them is finding ones that have a decent print and are reasonably cut. Actually, your friends example isn't a bad one to start this thread with...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Alohas are always cut very generous, but Sunsurf esp can fit really well, slim yet relaxed. Probably because it is originally made for the Japanese market. A size Small fits quite well, and they even come in XS for those with 36" or less chests

Hellbound

Reaction score
Not to sidetrack the thread but I forgot about that jacket that I'm wearing the pic! It's a white cloth tag 201XX Levis repro. It's a lot more worn in these days.

Hellbound

Reaction score
^^ btw, what band are you in?
"Was in" As where my current female relationship stands, I put the band thing on hold. "Larry Butler & the Nameless". Strictly a local thing.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vintage or vintage-inspired shirts like the eg camp shirt are rad. i have family in hawaii so it's weird for me to wear one but i used to rock them for summers when i'm home on the east coast. my dad has quite a few; i used to raid his closet but when i moved out i had no space for them among other clothes.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are you referring to this EG shirt. We have these in stock. 1/S, 2/M, 1/L
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
vintage or vintage-inspired shirts like the eg camp shirt are rad. i have family in hawaii so it's weird for me to wear one but i used to rock them for summers when i'm home on the east coast. my dad has quite a few; i used to raid his closet but when i moved out i had no space for them among other clothes.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hellbound
Another favorite shirt of mine. I prefer authentic vintage ones(40's-early 70's). Silk or Barkcloth cotton(barkcloth is better for every day wear) Anyone a fan? Here's one of my favorites that my buddy is actually wearing.
l_052f001229bfe538653da6d2ed2de59f.jpg
Beer just tastes better when yer wearing a nice hawaiian shirt.

Does anyone else think the two on the right kind of look like those cardboard cutouts of famous people that you can get your picture taken with?

Something weird about the depth perception in this photo.

Hellbound

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Does anyone else think the two on the right kind of look like those cardboard cutouts of famous people that you can get your picture taken with?

Something weird about the depth perception in this photo.

Thats the sweetest thing anyones ever said about me.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like them a lot.

Hellbound

Reaction score
I have one similar to that top one. The red shirt on the bottom is cool as hell.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hellbound
The red shirt on the bottom is cool as hell.

yea it is. I have one similar to that pattern but in a blue colorway, made from bark cloth

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads