• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Your shining smile shattered your camera?

Neah...I'm busy with some stuff that requires close attention in the next month or so, and my mornings are going to be packed.

Same thing happened last year...after posting pics for about two months, I was absent for about ten before gracing the storied panorama of human folly known as WAYWRN again about two months ago.

- B

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW! Two weeks in a row now! I'm either doing something very right or very wrong...either way I'm glad to have made the cut
tongue.gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Neah...I'm busy with some stuff that requires close attention in the next month or so, and my mornings are going to be packed. Same thing happened last year...after posting pics for about two months, I was absent for about ten before gracing the storied panorama of human folly known as WAYWRN again about two months ago. - B
Of course we all noticed, but newbies need to be reminded that there was once a time when you were not here and those dark days might return again if they don't eat their peas.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Of course we all noticed, but newbies need to be reminded that there was once a time when you were not here and those dark days might return again if they don't eat their peas.

I'm not sure if I want to comtemplate SF without Vox's presence.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Of course we all noticed, but newbies need to be reminded that once you were not here.

I should still have time for snark.

That's really the important thing, anyway.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Striped suits!

Much better than taking pics in a mirror. Who takes these for you?

Camera is on a timer. Here's a Brioni MTM chalk stripe for you that might have missed:

471842339_38GqR-X2.jpg

Not snoozy.

I think that I have much of my new bespoke solids nailed down at this point, so I will be doing a few patterned suits in the coming year to begin replacing my old RTW/MTM patterned suits (although I will keep the Brioni above.) Maybe a black suit with a strongly demarcated white bead.

There will be windowpanes as well, so you might need to avert your eyes.

- B

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camera is on a timer. Here's a Brioni MTM chalk stripe for you that might have missed:
471842339_38GqR-X2.jpg
Not snoozy. I think that I have much of my new bespoke solids nailed down at this point, so I will be doing a few patterned suits in the coming year to begin replacing my old RTW/MTM patterned suits (although I will keep the Brioni above.) Maybe a black suit with a strongly demarcated white bead. There will be windowpanes as well, so you might need to avert your eyes. - B

Ah, maybe I should be a stand for my camera. I asked because I wont take mirror photos and it's difficult to get people to take enough photos of you without arousing their suspicion. Yes, more stripes. I don't dislike windowpanes, I don't want to wear them for formal occasions but they're alright in a single breasted and on other people. I might wear a low contrast windowpane but I never bother except this one suit I have. You do a very good Kouros pose btw.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Where do the girls come from, did we get female members or something or did the "my GF, let me show you her" mentality catch on after the fucknu/online business guido thread? Also did Yachtie lose like 25 pounds?

Yes & Yes. Apparently. I can't say I disapprove of either outcome.

It's funky that my 70s inspired outfit made the cut for this week. My favourite outfit from this week is probably Sterling Gillette's turtleneck look. Precise but still relaxed - tricky thing to pull off so well!

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a black suit with a strongly demarcated white bead.

Say what now?

funny-dog-pictures-dog-asks-you-what-you-are-talking-about.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Keep em coming. What do you have like 50 suits now? Get some shirts and ties!

Is that pocket square that Georgia OKeefe lady?

Shirts are next. I have sworn to solve my shirt problem by the end of the summer.

And the square is this one...

284002362_aGBpu-M.jpg

...sig should be legible.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
It's funky that my 70s inspired outfit made the cut for this week.

Well done.

Originally Posted by triniboy27
Say what now?

Crisp. Black. Dangerous. Guaranteed to get pummelled by the Nacci-ists. Delightful. Classic. English.

- B

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirts are next. I have sworn to solve my shirt problem by the end of the summer.

And the square is this one...

284002362_aGBpu-M.jpg

That's a great square. I'm not sure if white people and giraffes ever actually coexisted in nature outside of zoos but nice regardless.

Crisp. Black. Dangerous. Guaranteed to get pummelled by the Nacci-ists. Delightful. Classic. English.

- B

I wait with bated breath.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads