• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
I just received my Jantzen order last week. 2 weeks from date of order to my door in Toronto, which is excellent in my opinion. I went for the superfine fabric, and I must have made a bad choice because it didn't feel like much of an improvement over the regular fabrics. It wrinkles easy and feels pretty rough. I will post pictures and the fabric number so others can avoid it.

djtracer21

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
I just received my Jantzen order last week. 2 weeks from date of order to my door in Toronto, which is excellent in my opinion. I went for the superfine fabric, and I must have made a bad choice because it didn't feel like much of an improvement over the regular fabrics. It wrinkles easy and feels pretty rough. I will post pictures and the fabric number so others can avoid it.

Awesome! I am quite interested as to what type of fabrics to avoid even the ones in the extra fine cotton line.

I'm also from Toronto, do you mind letting me know how much a shirt set you back. Are their duties like Maxwells shirts?

Does anyone know how Jantzen shirts are compared to Maxwells Clothiers shirts?

Falstaff

Reaction score
Ordered April 1; confirmed April 2; contacted on April 7 b/c fabric out of stock; mailed April 18; arrived yesterday, May 5. I have no idea why it took so long in the mail.

I chose fabric 2015, from the regular line. I'm not enamored with it. It seems to wrinkle quite easily, and it has a bit of a sheen to it that I don't care for.

oaw01

Reaction score
I bought a black twill superfine - I can say it's as nice as one of my canali shirts. Nice sheen and soft. My other one is okay but I think I'll stick to twll from now on.

doublebucklemonk

Reaction score
First Jantzen shirt.

Ordered April 30, Confirmed May 1, Reconfirmed with corrected price on May 2, Delivered May 14.

I ordered Extrafine 8081-White poplin with Black and Blue Fine Square. The only poplins I have to compare with are cheap OTR like Enro and Van Heusen. Compared to those, the Jantzen material is thicker and heavier which I like, but it is also stiffer. I am hoping it will soften up a bit with a few wearings

All the measurements and details are spot on.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
still no confirmation
Ricky generally does not confirm orders unless you reach out and ask for that confirmation.

inviscid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Ricky generally does not confirm orders unless you reach out and ask for that confirmation.

I've actually been getting confirmations. He even asked to double check my measurements the first time.

In my three orders so far, I've gotten a confirmation within two days or so and the shirts to my door within 2 weeks. Good service and decent construction... I just wish he had better fabrics or at least better swatches online.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
My 5th order from Jantzen was confirmed within 24 hours without any prompting. I think it's standard for him to confirm it without prompting, but I don't think he works Sundays or some other days, so sometimes it takes him a little longer to get back to you. If there is a backlog of work for him to do, I think it has taken him up to 5 days or so to confirm it before.

Laffertron

Reaction score
You guys must be lucky.

I ordered a shirt back in December and my credit card was charged pretty well right away. After confirming a couple of things Ricky emailed me in January saying shirt would be delivered ASAP. I am yet to receive the elusive shirt, I just sent him a note asking to cancel my order and refund my money. Nearly 6 months from original order (which I was charged for) and no shirt!

Simon4rings

Reaction score
I've ordered 3 shirts from Jantzen through my wife who's now in Hong Kong for holiday;
Measurements via a sample Paul Smith shirt plus changes in order form. Shirts will be delivered to hotel tomorrow after 3 days. Let's see how they turn out.

needler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inviscid
In my three orders so far, I've gotten a confirmation within two days or so and the shirts to my door within 2 weeks. Good service and decent construction... I just wish he had better fabrics or at least better swatches online.

This is really the problem. I just got what looked like a simple check pattern on the swatch I ordered. Instead it has these shiny almost herringbone-like texture weaves running through it in the background color, which was not at all visible in the swatch.

I actually rather like the effect, but it ends up being a flashier shirt than I expected. Which is fine; you can't do Jantzen without an open mind. But there are a lot of fabrics on there I would never touch because I have no idea if they'll look horrendous 50 dollars later (basically anything that's not simple-looking). The one time I got a multi-colored stripe it was not a good affair. Pictures of shirts people have gotten is really the only safe way to order a fabric.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laffertron
You guys must be lucky.

I ordered a shirt back in December and my credit card was charged pretty well right away. After confirming a couple of things Ricky emailed me in January saying shirt would be delivered ASAP. I am yet to receive the elusive shirt, I just sent him a note asking to cancel my order and refund my money. Nearly 6 months from original order (which I was charged for) and no shirt!

I think you are just unlucky?

StopPolloition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laffertron
You guys must be lucky.

Use the phone and ask for Ricky. If you talk to him in person, you likely will get the shirt and an apology.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered and received any of the white superfine fabrics? I would love to see some decent pics and get an idea what they look like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads