• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TORONTO Styleforum Meetup #1

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by doink
plus I am not very stylish so would be out of place.
Huh, who cares? Just wear whatever you'd wear to a normal bar. Some people wear pocket squares, some wear old navy shorts, whatever. Just bring some friends, say hi, and if it's not your scene then just do whatever you want. It's not even like people IRL will connect to your username anyway.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Huh, who cares? Just wear whatever you'd wear to a normal bar.

Exactly.

Ask yourself, "What would a person from Montreal wear?"

Problem solved.

- B

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess this is epic fail heh. I may be able to do a future meet-up, but not this one.

Medtech71

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Exactly.

Problem solved.

- B

If it's anything like the french guys here in the military, then it's Point Zero clothes and gaudy 10K gold plated chains....
tongue.gif

I wouldn't mind going but that will be my only time to hit Vaughn Mills and Yorkdale (bullet proof vest on under my jacket....

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Exactly.

Problem solved.

- B

Anglo or Francophone?
stirpot.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i may pop by if i can get away from my friend/s for a second. ill be on yorkville that night but theres no way im popping in with people who have no idea about sf.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you're going to be around/in the area definitely swing past. I've got a few tables reserved under "Daniel". I'll certainly be there and there will be a few others too

By the sounds of things everyone's interested in a get together but the timing isn't the best but I'm hoping we can do something in the next few weeks or early next month at a time that suits everyone better...

1. Timing - Would a Sunday evening or Monday night work better?
2. Location - Someone's house, a bar/patio, or a local store (Nomad, Lileo, Somewhere on Queen or in Yorkville - any suggestions?)

AB01

Reaction score
Maybe a pub a little more north on a weekday night. Eglington/Yonge or something. Alternatively, Bloor/Bathurst. Easy to get to, somewhat easy to park areas. Kinda central as well. I was at Yorkville today for a work-related meeting and driving and parking was chaos. I'm not sure how a store would work. You can't really loiter in someone's store. A house party could work, if it had that backyard keg/BBQ atmosphere. Bring your girlfriends too. Would be cool to walk up to some backyard benches of people chatting with beers. Otherwise I would feel odd knocking on some stranger's door. Remember, we don't know each other. "Hi, is ratboy44 here?" I mentioned to my girlfriend about a styleforum meetup. She asked if Manouche would be there. haha. How do the other cities always have these meetups work flawlessly? Is Toronto just too isolating and cold? We gotta get this to work. Too many Toronto people here. It's necessary. Let's not make it about clothes though, but life in general.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racetrack
A couple of friends and I will be going to Lobby that night.. since it's pretty much just down the street, I might drop by.

Do they still have that white sofa that they put on the sidewalk?

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
1. Timing - Would a Sunday evening or Monday night work better?
2. Location - Someone's house, a bar/patio, or a local store (Nomad, Lileo, Somewhere on Queen or in Yorkville - any suggestions?)

I don't think it's the time or date (although Thursday-Sat would be better for me). But a little more advanced notice would work better methinks.

Sunday evening or Monday - either we're going to be mormon/muslim and go dry or we're European and don't care about showing up to work the next morning with purple teeth or something.

Originally Posted by AB01
I was at Yorkville today for a work-related meeting and driving and parking was chaos.

It's Yorkville, it's always chaotic. I was tricked by a work mate to go up there from Yonge and Dundas to Canon's offices near Yonge & Bloor by car once and I swear it took 30 minutes. I could have walked there faster.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be around a bit after 9pm and some other people will probably drop by at various points. I spoke with the booking manager and the table's still reserved, although we'll probably just hang out inside instead of the patio, depending on how the weather holds up.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did things go tonight?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it was alright. I think with the cold weather and intermittant rain most people didn't make it out. I was there from probably about 9:30-10:30 with some friends watching the hockey. I'm not sure if anyone else came after taht though. We'll make the next one at a time and place when more people can make it, soon.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the next works for more people.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
+1 I would have loved to come, but unfortunately, due to government legislation, I am not permitted to enter such a structure. In two months, however, I will 100% show up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics