• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
Ovechkin hat trick!

Crosby's hat trick is so incredibly boring to watch compared to Ovechkin's...

Van needs to start playing like they want it, otherwise the youngins will take the series. The Red Wings are still in control, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the Ducks can take them off their game.

Also, why aren't the games scheduled East/West on opposite nights, instead of West/West and East/East. I know the NHL tries to hide their games as much as possible, but seriously.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casual
A cheapshot artist that won't back it up by dropping the gloves? There are plenty in the NHL these days, but he's not one of them.

He fights, but he's still a punk. I lost respect for him during that brawl at San Jose last season. He got what was coming to him when Roenick put him in a headlock and Carcillo injured his knee.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As great as Ovechkin and Crosby have been playing thus far, the MVP of the playoffs, yes, the PLAYOFFS, has been Varlamov. This guy is playing out of his mind. If he can keep this form up, the Caps can afford to play ****** defense and go very, very far. I mean where has this guy come from? I knew Theordore is a has-been, but I was content with Johnson being our goalie because of our offensive production. But this kid has been sick, sick, sick. Five regular season starts (4-0-1) and now 8 playoff starts (6-3-0, including 2 shutouts)...

Regardless of what the Caps do for the rest of the playoffs, I'm more ridiculously excited about being a true contender for many years to come.

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
He fights, but he's still a punk. I lost respect for him during that brawl at San Jose last season. He got what was coming to him when Roenick put him in a headlock and Carcillo injured his knee.

You lost respect for helping out Yandle in that brawl? Let me guess, he bumped into one of your precious players sometime in his career?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Nucks 3 Hawks 1... series 2-1.

That was the best game we've played all playoffs long. We can play better up front still (same problem as in the St. Louis series) but it was a road game, so being defensive and taking few chances is expected. The work ethic was there and it was there for at least 3/4 of the game. The Hawks played extremely well throughout and looked dangerous, but weren't given enough space to really get momentum. Luongo didn't have to be spectacular, just solid. Nice when he doesn't have to steal the game.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Several NHL players have told me that after the near collapse of the league a few years ago, Hockey is now rigged, like wrestling, to maintain fan interest. Certain rivalries are scripted, as are the playoffs.
That's interesting because you would think large fan base teams like the Rangers would get scripted to win, not backwaters like Tampa, Anaheim and Carolina. The Red Wings I could see. I have no idea how the NHL survived or indeed survives, all I know is it looks like the Rangers wont be winning it all any time soon. As long as the Capitals stick it to Pittsburgh, Im happy.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
That's interesting because you would think large fan base teams like the Rangers would get scripted to win, not backwaters like Tampa, Anaheim and Carolina. The Red Wings I could see.

I have no idea how the NHL survived or indeed survives, all I know is it looks like the Rangers wont be winning it all any time soon. As long as the Capitals stick it to Pittsburgh, Im happy.

cheers.gif

enjoiii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Nucks 3 Hawks 1... series 2-1.

That was the best game we've played all playoffs long. We can play better up front still (same problem as in the St. Louis series) but it was a road game, so being defensive and taking few chances is expected. The work ethic was there and it was there for at least 3/4 of the game. The Hawks played extremely well throughout and looked dangerous, but weren't given enough space to really get momentum. Luongo didn't have to be spectacular, just solid. Nice when he doesn't have to steal the game.

Yeah I was really impressed with last nights performance especially since it was on the road and the first game back after that beating we took on Saturday.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how the NHL survived or indeed survives, all I know is it looks like the Rangers wont be winning it all any time soon. As long as the Capitals stick it to Pittsburgh, Im happy.

You are my newest SF friend.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Wow, I guess I spoke too soon about NHL survival. The Coyotes just filed for bankruptcy protection and may move to Ontario. http://www.cnbc.com/id/30589391
Where they would make a lot more money, REALLY piss off maple leafs sports / entertainment, and probably contend for the cup in 3 years or so. 3 birds, one stone. Still I'd have MUCH preferred to see them go to Winnipeg or Quebec. I would hope that by now those markets can fill an arena.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's interesting because you would think large fan base teams like the Rangers would get scripted to win, not backwaters like Tampa, Anaheim and Carolina. The Red Wings I could see.

Just the opposite. The NHL looks at it this way.... They want to build dedicated fan bases, not just get good tv ratings. They would rather a team with in a smaller market win because that will create some excitement in that market and hopefully grow the fan base. NY already has a dedicated fan base.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Where they would make a lot more money, REALLY piss off maple leafs sports / entertainment, and probably contend for the cup in 3 years or so. 3 birds, one stone.

Still I'd have MUCH preferred to see them go to Winnipeg or Quebec. I would hope that by now those markets can fill an arena.

+1

Another GTA team winning the Stanley Cup would be hilarious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads