• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obama/Biden Lunch at Ray's Hell Burger

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://tinyurl.com/obamahellburger

Originally Posted by dcist
Hot hot Arlington burger joint Ray's Hell Burger got even hotter today after President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden stopped in for lunch around 12:30 p.m.

The crowd at Ray's was reportedly (and understandably) flipping out over the surprise executive branch visit. The official White House pool report from the event offers some fun details, including that Obama treated a few reporters to burgers (they're making donations to charity to balance it out, they claim). More from the pool report:

While Obama and Biden waited in line, the lunch crowd stood and gawked, some took pix with cell phones. The two guys in line ahead of them studied their menus, oblivious to who was behind them.

When Obama and Biden reached the front, Obama greeted the two order-takers. The guy who took Obama's order and money was Tim Murray. There's still some debate among press on exactly what Obama ordered, since it was hard to hear. He definitely had a burger. I heard him say "basic cheeseburger, medium well." But someone else heard him say "Swiss mushroom burger." He definitely asked Mr. Murray for "spicy mustard, if you have it." There may have also been talk of tater tots.

The Veep order was more clear: Biden got a swiss cheese burger with jalapeños. Obama also put a $5 bill in the tip jar.

Politico's Jonathan Martin quotes Ray's owner Michael Landrum as calling the visit, "one of the greatest days of my life." If not of his life, then certainly for his business. The last time Obama stopped by a casual lunch spot, there was a line around the building to get into Ben's Chili Bowl for six weeks.

BWB

Reaction score
Obama probably took Joey out to lunch and asked him to keep his mouth shut from now on.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if only i owned a gas station where the potus ***********. could turn it into a monument. the idolatry is mesmerizing.

Quatsch

Reaction score
I think its pretty cool for the President and VP to stop in for a lunch at a normal place. Its a nice reminder President Obama is just a person like everybody else.

tdangio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quatsch
I think its pretty cool for the President and VP to stop in for a lunch at a normal place. Its a nice reminder President Obama is just a person like everybody else.

You mean he's not Jesus?
rolleyes.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tdangio
You mean he's not Jesus?
rolleyes.gif

Quatsch isn't a Republican, so he doesn't think that.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dining in hell, I wonder how the religious right will take to that.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great so now the legions of his followers will pile in there, making the line longer than it already always is, and complain that there is no tofu veggie burger on the menu.

enjoiii

Reaction score
I really don't know if I can handle the fact not knowing whether he had a cheeseburger medium well or a swiss mushroom burger. This is tearing me up inside.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
if only i owned a gas station where the potus ***********. could turn it into a monument. the idolatry is mesmerizing.

I really knew someone who was attempting to buy Elvis's last turd!

He was going to put tiny pieces in lucite and sell them.

But the provenance stunk
worship2.gif

jessetk313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enjoiii
I really don't know if I can handle the fact not knowing whether he had a cheeseburger medium well or a swiss mushroom burger. This is tearing me up inside.

rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

elgreco

Reaction score
yeah, looks like i'll have to just go to Pho 75 anytime I'm in that area, because there's not a chance in HELL (
lol8[1].gif
) I'll be able to get a burger within a reasonable hour. But here's the dirty secret about Ray's Hell Burgers - you can get them at the bar at Ray's The Classics in silver spring.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have liked for one of them to have gotten a burger with fois gras or bone marrow on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads