• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gift suggestion for graduation of brother's fiance?

southbound35

Reaction score
My brother's fiance is graduating from optometry school next week.

Any suggestions for a good gift? Using the search function, I found a thread suggesting a nice pen. Any other good ideas? Or, if a pen is the way to go, any suggestion on model of pen?

Accidentally cross-posted on General Chat.

Aperipan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by southbound35
My brother's fiance is graduating from optometry school next week. Any suggestions for a good gift? Using the search function, I found a thread suggesting a nice pen. Any other good ideas? Or, if a pen is the way to go, any suggestion on model of pen? Accidentally cross-posted on General Chat.
Personalized custom leather goods? A pen is nice but not everyone can appreciate it. For example, I collect pens so I would faint if someone gives me an old button fill Chilton. However, if I receive another cross BP, I'd probably toss it. With personalized gifts, people will use if it has their name on it. Even a personalized flask is a good idea. http://www.classicluggage.com/Classi...aits_you_.html offers many quality brands with the option of personalization. I'd also recommend David Hampton of London. They offer MTM leather goods with personalization. But wait time is up to 1 month for delivery. http://www.davidhampton.com/ You can always buy a quality leather item and get it personalized locally since you only have one week.

southbound35

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I think a personalized leather item might work. Now, to find that leather item...I'll look at sites you suggested.

Thanks again.

buckeye75

Reaction score
I don't know if this would be appropriate or not, but I saw these new high-tech looking wallets called "ACM Wallets" that appear to be push-button operated within a stainless steel cover:

http://www.acmwallet.com/

I don't know if this would be considered tacky or cheap, but I know this would make a good gift for SOME type of occasion. I understand the gift should be proportionate to the accomplishment, so I doubt this $40 gift would say, "CONGRATS" quite like something a bit more meaningful. Price is always a factor that seems to fluctuate depending on the gift-giver's relationship to the receiver. Good luck!

buckeye75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by southbound35
Gilt has a nice-ish leather tote for $238. Thoughts?

I don't know exactly how you rate the quality of those bags but it looks like something nice my girlfriend would want. I always try buying them off ebay but it's so hard making sure it's not a fake.

Gwarg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by buckeye75
I don't know exactly how you rate the quality of those bags but it looks like something nice my girlfriend would want. I always try buying them off ebay but it's so hard making sure it's not a fake.

I think the brother's fiancÃ
00a9.png
is male, hence only one e.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
pick up one of these....great shirt....

58079baf.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads