• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Coldsnap. I don't know how those fit but certain sweats and button ups can definitely work depending on the look. I haven't tried those uniqlo ones on though. The brand Hope had a nice pair that easily could've been worn with a button up and blazer from a season or two ago

I failed at trying to find these online.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think sweatpants+oxford could be cool. If the sweatpants were an interesting material, it'd be kind of neat to wear a tie made from the same material.

Anyway, thinking about kopping these Loake boots for fall, but I don't know how I feel about the bit of fake distressing. They're about $210, factoring in current GBP:USD conversion rates, so if you guys can think of any better-looking goodyear welted wingtip boots in that price range, let me know.
BANKS-1290.jpg

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
They were on the actual hope site but i'm sure they're gone by now since they were previous seasons. The ones i was thinking of didn't have black tie like that. Looked almost just like trousers. There was this brand on revolve's fashionforward site with a weird name i'm not used to that had some sweat looking pants (wool with elastic band) that were really nice and no one would know they're sweats really.

buckeye75

Reaction score
Random question: what's the deal with the white leather belt? I've seen a few guys wearing them lately and with the right outfit it seems to look bad-ass, I just don't want to come off too metro. I saw Guess made a pretty cool one but I can't seem to find it. Any suggestions? I'm assuming dark jeans, dark shirt?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by buckeye75
Random question: what's the deal with the white leather belt? I've seen a few guys wearing them lately and with the right outfit it seems to look bad-ass, I just don't want to come off too metro. I saw Guess made a pretty cool one but I can't seem to find it. Any suggestions? I'm assuming dark jeans, dark shirt?

unless you're wearing white shoes, no

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
unless you're wearing white shoes, no

No, do not do this. Matching shoes and belts is usually bad to begin with; if you do it with white, it's heinous.

White belts can work with the right colors; it's easier with shades of black or grey, and generally works best with slightly nicer and more minimal fits.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Refer to MC board; but as long as the colors are different tones it's fine, but I (and many others) find perfectly matching belt and shoes looks kinda stuffy and way too coordinated. Kinda the same deal with matching tie and pocket square I think.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Refer to MC board; but as long as the colors are different tones it's fine, but I (and many others) find perfectly matching belt and shoes looks kinda stuffy and way too coordinated. Kinda the same deal with matching tie and pocket square I think.

Fair enough. I mainly wear black shoes and belt though. :x

buckeye75

Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason I picture a white belt going good with jeans and sandals in the summer time when you're a bit more tan... I don't know if that would look good... guess I'll have to see.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Anyway, thinking about kopping these Loake boots for fall, but I don't know how I feel about the bit of fake distressing. They're about $210, factoring in current GBP:USD conversion rates, so if you guys can think of any better-looking goodyear welted wingtip boots in that price range, let me know. [/IMG]

The fake distressing shouldn't be bad, put some Obenauf's on it to restore the leather and you'll have your own wear on them soon enough. They look nice and should be well made. Take pictures if you get them.

Also, +1 on Vashin's SDA 103 rec above for your needs, awesome jeans, wearing mine today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads