• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
got some rescues
I've been wearing slim jeans my whole life
I feel strange.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmouse
2cokcjs.jpg

Is that Bushwick Bill in the first picture? Jesus.

clarity

Reaction score
So I've been wearing some black dukes since like...July last year I think? Maybe early Aug. Anyways, ~4x a week and they look the same as they did in the 1st month.
nest.gif
These are like frozen in time. Think it's worth washing them now or just leaving em, they don't have any funky smells.

avery

Reaction score
need sizing help for KMW rockers. if i wear 30 in apcs and 31 in nudies, what size should i get in rockers?

thanks

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by avery
need sizing help for KMW rockers. if i wear 30 in apcs and 31 in nudies, what size should i get in rockers?

thanks

i think in the kmw thread, mauro said to get a 32 (are you a 30 in ns or nc?)

Wheeler

Reaction score
My 514s (sized down two from my trouser size to account for stretch) fit me perfectly, but I'm not thrilled about the denim quality. Can you recommend a jean with a similar fit but higher quality denim?

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wheeler
My 514s (sized down two from my trouser size to account for stretch) fit me perfectly, but I'm not thrilled about the denim quality. Can you recommend a jean with a similar fit but higher quality denim?

I used to be primarily a 514 man, but i recently picked up a pair of crate routes and apc petit standards. I'd say the petit standards may be right up your alley, give them a look.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Dunno what you're talking about, Petit Standards are waaaaay slimmer than 514s. Heck, even New Standards are slimmer. 514s have zero taper.

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
^ Dunno what you're talking about, Petit Standards are waaaaay slimmer than 514s. Heck, even New Standards are slimmer. 514s have zero taper.

if he's sizing down two on the 514, i'm betting he wants a bit of a more "fitted" look that those can offer. i was always looking for a tapered look but didn't know exactly what it was called--thus the reason i bought 514s for so long.

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
Uniqlo premium Japanese denim - regular fit jeans (it says skinny but the pic seems regular):

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/me...slim-fit-jeans

They're on supersale here in the UK now. Are they any good? The rise seems quite low. How do they fit? I take it they're not selvage?

i bought a pair of these in tokyo last year. no, they're not selvedge (mine aren't, and they were around 4999 yen...which is around 50 bucks usd), but the denim is actually pretty decent and they have a slim fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads