• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dislike of Double-Breasted Suits

Aperipan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by styledud
DB need a slim figure for proper display.
Not really. I think slim guys look terrible in DB. That dude in the sartorialist looks weak. The whole point of wearing a suit is to make yourself more presentable, if you're a noob, and more powerful, if you have mastered the art of dressing.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aperipan
The whole point of wearing a suit is to make yourself more presentable, if you're a noob, and more powerful, if you have mastered the art of dressing.

This is why, 14 year old + Internet =
facepalm.gif

Aperipan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
facepalm.gif

Not if I dress better than you. BTW, why do you copy my avatar?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
facepalm.gif

My kids will make due with print-out calculators until they turn 18.

Aperipan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
My kids will make due with print-out calculators until they turn 18.
I've been wanting to ask: is your wife Jewish? I'll like you a lot more if you say yes.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not if I dress better than you. BTW, why do you copy my avatar?

tactical_facepalm.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have two. I think they are just about perfect, and while I am sure there are pics of them somewhere, I don't have the energy to find them. Often they look like crap, but when they are good, they are phenomenal.

Aperipan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I have two. I think they are just about perfect, and while I am sure there are pics of them somewhere, I don't have the energy to find them. Often they look like crap, but when they are good, they are phenomenal.
This is a good opportunity for the Foo to do a search for ultimate foofication.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been wanting to ask: is your wife Jewish? I'll like you a lot more if you say yes.

No, but everyone always asks. I think she might be an eighth Jewish, but that's is.

Originally Posted by iammatt

Only two??? Yours look spectacular.

This is a good opportunity for the Foo to do a search for ultimate foofication.

Matt's grey flannel double-breasted suit may be my absolute favorite suit ever shown on the forums. It was the inspiration for my own similar attempt. I would never dream of Foofing it. It would be like trying to fix a rainbow.

emptym

Reaction score
Matt's look phenomenal on him irl... like pretty rest of his stuff, but probably even better than the rest of his stuff. As bmulford said about Matt's DB at a meet-up, he looked like a "superhero" in it.

Aperipan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Matt's grey flannel double-breasted suit may be my absolute favorite suit ever shown on the forums. It was the inspiration for my own similar attempt. I would never dream of Foofing it. It would be like trying to fix a rainbow.
I haven't seen a lot of his stuff but the ones I've seen in the foofed thread I thought look pretty good on him.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot of his stuff but the ones I've seen in the foofed thread I thought look pretty good on him.

There was only one pic of Iammatt in that thread and he was experimenting with an ascot and khakis in it. If you have not seen him in his grey flannel double-breasted suit, you can't come close to knowing how good he or a double-breasted suit can look.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Not really. I think slim guys look terrible in DB. That dude in the sartorialist looks weak. The whole point of wearing a suit is to make yourself more presentable, if you're a noob, and more powerful, if you have mastered the art of dressing.

Thank you for deciding what suits are for. I could never figure it out.

ZxExN

Reaction score
My opinion is that for just casual social events (for a younger crowd) it's either going to look dated, or if you somehow manage to pull it off (you'll need to really get every detail right), you're just going to look like you put wayy too much effort into the outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads