• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW — believe the hype

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
Received my KMW chambray from Mauro today. The chambray fabric is mesmerizing, and I love the colour of the contrasting stitching.

Nice. How's the fit on it? It looks a bit short from the pics.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing a pair of the 1980's for about eight months. As expected, they are JUST really showing their wear, they retain so much indigo. But, for the first time in my life, I've got two crotch blowouts on these jeans! This is surprising because I'd say these are up there with my Somet's as what appear to be the best-constructed jeans I have, and yet, two crotch holes.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Nice. How's the fit on it? It looks a bit short from the pics.
Here's a fit pic:
69665164.png
47142341.png
It is a little short, falls to the waist on the side. Fine for wearing untucked, but probably too short to tuck in. I'm only 5'9" though so the length isn't much of an issue. The armholes at the pits are about an inch smaller in circumference than most of the shirts I own so they are a little constricting in that area.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I've been wearing a pair of the 1980's for about eight months. As expected, they are JUST really showing their wear, they retain so much indigo. But, for the first time in my life, I've got two crotch blowouts on these jeans! This is surprising because I'd say these are up there with my Somet's as what appear to be the best-constructed jeans I have, and yet, two crotch holes.

same thing happened to my rockers

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what happens when you size down 2

__CB__

Reaction score
Looks great PeterParker - been eyeing this one, the shorter length / slimmer fit would be ideal for me.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Just ignore new users, imo.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that chambray looks good! I don't think it would work for me though, because I am tall and slim. Most chambrays are too boxy for me, and that one looks too short in the body. Ah well I'll keep looking.

mrtophat

Reaction score
just got my 1980's from the flash sale. I think the fit is a little boxy on me :/

should I try it for a bit and see if i get used to it, taper, or just put em up in b/s?

skunkworks

Reaction score
Hard to say without fit pics, but 1980s should be sized down 1.

mrtophat

Reaction score
i went true to size to 30, because they were out of 29's - though it might work, but maybe not...does sizing down change the the thight and calf widths at all? I'll snap some pics and put em up.

sayocean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
That's a great choice...I own 2 pairs of these. Unbelievable denim quality and construction!

why do you have 2 pairs of the black rockers?

mrtophat

Reaction score
3495342801_bf67f5d276.jpg

3495342953_e7af01e93b.jpg

hm, they seem much better when I've got some shoes on. if they're anything like my rockers, i won't have to worry about them stretching too much.

oshen

Reaction score
In case anyone's interested, Atsui currently has KMW 1950s, 1980s, and Rockers for 40% off. All in one-wash.

Jay's service is great - you can PM him if you have any questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads