• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Ah yes, the Jinda Carpet Bomb. 'tis an entity all itself.

At least it's only three words at a time - instead of pictures.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
What is the significance of post count? Why would anyone care about their count?

Surely you are not serious? This is extremely important to many, I mean, do you not recall all the "congratulations on your X,000th post" threads over at that other place? Stuff like this does not matter to me, and I think that shows in what I think is a low post count for me, given how long I have been here, but for many on the internerd, posts are currency..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In any case, I was mainly kidding about the DTs thing, geez..

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DT needs some cleaning. I consider myself a DT denizen, and it is out of control. There is no longer enjoyment in there for me.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
I actually really like this idea. MAybe if you get below zero it's a perma-ban.
I really like this. No idea how to implement it though.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
I actually really like this idea. MAybe if you get below zero it's a perma-ban.
The unintended and perverse result may be that these guys will also carpet bomb the main forums just to stay afloat, diluting even more the rest of SF, and increasing the used bandwith and storage.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Getting involved is one thing. Clocking one thousand two hundred posts in that one thread is another thing.

let it go, brother...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
The unintended and perverse result may be that these guys will also carpet bomb the main forums just to stay afloat, diluting even more the rest of SF, and increasing the used bandwith and storage.

Yeah. This is a bad idea. I wouldn't mind if DT didn't effect post count though. Honestly though, post counts are pretty silly. Another forum that I belong to has totally disabled post counts. It does help prevent post whoring.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Surely you are not serious? This is extremely important to many, I mean, do you not recall all the "congratulations on your X,000th post" threads over at that other place? Stuff like this does not matter to me, and I think that shows in what I think is a low post count for me, given how long I have been here, but for many on the internerd, posts are currency..

My postcount got deleted after the "great crash". My real postcount is like 2,000 higher.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
My postcount got deleted after the "great crash". My real postcount is like 2,000 higher.

I now respect you around 47% more than I did an hour ago.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I now respect you around 47% more than I did an hour ago.

lol, OK, now that one was worth the post..

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"It's been over 50 years since WWII ends, victors had their laughs and wrote history. Get the **** over with this **** and move on...anyone that's going against them will be conveniently labeled anti-semantic." http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...8&postcount=18 I don't think I've ever played this card before, but what he wrote is unacceptable and a shows a pattern in posting in regards to everything from minorities, to gays, to jews.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
"It's been over 50 years since WWII ends, victors had their laughs and wrote history. Get the **** over with this **** and move on...anyone that's going against them will be conveniently labeled anti-semantic."

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...8&postcount=18

I don't think I've ever played this card before, but what he wrote is unacceptable and a shows a pattern in posting in regards to everything from minorities, to gays, to jews.

I can confidently state vitaminc is one of our most anti-semantic posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads