• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Community Opinion of these shoes

csulli13

Reaction score
Today I went to Saks Off 5th armed with the 40% off coupon intending to buy some dark brown lace up shoes. I know very little about shoe makers save that Allen Edmonds = good. I ended up picking up some Roberto Guerrini shoes (marked down to $250 from $400, with 40% off $150).

Upon arriving home I attempted to find the shoes online, but came up with nothing except some really ugly shoes on a couple of websites with the same designer.

i.e.

http://www.tagottishoes.com/p-209-west.aspx
http://www.shoesteal.com/Shop/produc...id=performics2

This is the closest I found to a company website:

http://dali.expool.it/aziende/robert...-by-mauron_21/

so my question is, are the worth the $150 I paid, or are they cheap straight-to-outlet crap that will fall apart on me in 6 months?

3492178561_5755fb7fc1_o.jpg

3492178453_af01923402_o.jpg

3492995872_81a411f075_o.jpg

pdial

Reaction score
I've never heard of the shoes but they look pretty good. I have some John Varvatos that are almost identical in style but are a little darker. They look great with jeans. If you are happy with them, that's what matters.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder... are they goodyear welted? Probably not.

I'm still happy with my $130 AE Lamberts I purchased from the shoes.com insane sale.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No way they are welted, but the shape and details aren't horrible. If you like them, wear them.

Personally I would probably pay about $40 for them for going clubbing or something,

but I need another pair of shoes like I need another ass hole

csulli13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
do YOU like them?

Yes, I think they're pretty nice, but I was more concerned about quality. I'm buying something I don't usually get, and am seeking opinions more informed than my own.

For example, when DVD players first came out I bought a cheap Coby player at Fry's. It worked fine for a few months, then started freezing and skipping constantly. I'm just checking to make sure I don't have another Coby on my hands.

I'm also curious if about other peoples opinion on their style as well, as I've been known to buy some pretty hideous fashion items. I have a Kennith Cole Overcoat I was quite proud of until the 10th person asked me how I escaped the matrix (also, all 3 buttons fell off within the first month)

Originally Posted by musicguy
I wonder... are they goodyear welted? Probably not.

What does that mean, and how would I tell? Is there another thread/website you can point me to with an explination of what to look for in quality shoe construction?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You'd be surprise how handy that could be.

Handy for what? One fist in there is a symbol of rebellion...just like in the olympics. Two is a fricking puppet show. No good can come of that.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or the leather doesn't seem right? Is it calfskin or not?

csulli13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Is it just me, or the leather doesn't seem right? Is it calfskin or not?

The sales copy on one of the websites says:

"Roberto Guerrini symbolizes sleek and exclusive Italian designed shoes. Roberto Guerrini offers you a variety of exotic and unique dyed leathers. All designs are hand-crafted in Italy, stitched with leather upper, lining and soles. Roberto Guerrini shoes are directly from Italy. Enjoy the sophisticated look of a pair of Roberto Guerrini shoes."

so I suppose it could be "exotic and unique"

Ed Sullivan

Reaction score
I have a Kennith Cole Overcoat I was quite proud of until the 10th person asked me how I escaped the matrix

he, he

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads