• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cts-v

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that guy's such a good driver. What I see is that he had a handful of a car (note all the corrections he had to do for both oversteer and understeer), and fairly rough technique. If car control skills (as opposed to smooth and fast track driving) is what you want, this is a far better display of it:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

--Andre

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
I'm not sure that guy's such a good driver. What I see is that he had a handful of a car (note all the corrections he had to do for both oversteer and understeer), and fairly rough technique.
Ken Block wouldn't last a minute in Yellowbird. The simple fact that you're comparing a gymkhana video to the infamous Yellowbird/Nurburgring video speaks volumes on how dense you must be. No offence, but you are a ******* idiot.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Ken Block wouldn't last a minute in Yellowbird. The simple fact that you're comparing a gymkhana video to the infamous Yellowbird/Nurburgring video speaks volumes on how dense you must be. No offence, but you are a ******* idiot.
And did I miss it, but if we're talking about the Ring, the CTS-V, and posting up vids, how did no one post the vid of the CTS-V doing it's record run around the Ring?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ken Block wouldn't last a minute in Yellowbird.

The simple fact that you're comparing a gymkhana video to the infamous Yellowbird/Nurburgring video speaks volumes on how dense you must be.

No offence, but you are a ******* idiot.

My condolences for your sacred cow.

If I had to want to watch someone chuck a car around, I'd rather watch someone do it deliberately than forcing an unwieldy car around the track, hence the Block video. The BMW Ring Taxi drivers do what's on the Ruf video all day long with 3 passengers in comparable time in a 4000-lbs sedan.

--Andre

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I can't believe walter rohrl's northern loop driving skills are being brought into question here. He is perhaps the the greatest factory test driver on the planet, discouraging that people would talk trash on him.

After a few laps in the cgt he quit with a record lap time and was quoted as saying he could have gone even faster but didn't want anyone killing themselves trying to break his record. The guy knows every pebble in the road on that circuit. I highly recommend watching his other videos to get a little bit better insight at his superb driving skills if that was in fact the infamous yellowbird video (which I did not watch but assumed it was) with the impossible to control ruf ctr.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
My condolences for your sacred cow.

If I had to want to watch someone chuck a car around, I'd rather watch someone do it deliberately than forcing an unwieldy car around the track, hence the Block video. The BMW Ring Taxi drivers do what's on the Ruf video all day long with 3 passengers in comparable time in a 4000-lbs sedan.

--Andre

bravery-chicken-bucket-demotivational-posters.jpg

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rohrl wasn't driving in that video.

--Andre

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
The BMW Ring Taxi drivers do what's on the Ruf video all day long with 3 passengers in comparable time in a 4000-lbs sedan.

You're comparing a brand new M5 with DSC to a 20 year old Porsche with no computer-assisted features?

I guess Friday is when all the morons come out of the woodwork.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're comparing a brand new M5 with DSC to a 20 year old Porsche with no computer-assisted features?

I guess Friday is when all the morons come out of the woodwork.

The Ring Taxi is driven with DSC off, otherwise they could not powerslide around the corners.

--Andre

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're still a moron. And a douchebag.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am so glad I clicked this thread again.

Franepic.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
I am so glad I clicked this thread again.

Franepic.

Two people
smack.gif
over trivial stuff:
tinfoil.gif

Kronik trying to
stirpot.gif
:
tinfoil.gif
tinfoil.gif

Links to WSJ and SAE trying to
teacha.gif
: not rly
Irritatingly liberal use of
teacha.gif
:
teacha.gif
teacha.gif
teacha.gif
teacha.gif
teacha.gif

Being called a douchebag for the first time in my life:
cheers.gif

--Andre

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Rohrl wasn't driving in that video.

--Andre

I'm assuming it was stefan then.

This thread deserves 5 stars.

jjgold

Reaction score
Uh...didn't I originally as about the CTS-V? Not all that other total bullshit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads