• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I take it your firm doesn't have a bankruptcy practice?

We do, but I'm not in it
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Winot
Well I'm glad it's not the marriage.

Thanks. I prefer it this way too--but after a while, doesn't one problem become the other anyway?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take it your firm doesn't have a bankruptcy practice?

Even so, I don't think he has a choice whether he gets to do the bankruptcy work. Will go to those assigned to the group already. I thought he was in some sort of finance group?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I thought he was in some sort of finance group?

Seemed like a good idea when I signed up for it a year ago!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I'm still waiting for my foof job.

Tonight, when the lights are dim.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
We do, but I'm not in it
frown.gif

Originally Posted by teddieriley
Even so, I don't think he has a choice whether he gets to do the bankruptcy work. Will go to those assigned to the group already.

A first year cannot be moved to do work where the firm needs people? With such a lack of flexibility with its first years, I would be very scared of my firm's ability to continue to employ me.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A first year cannot be moved to do work where the firm needs people? With such a lack of flexibility with its first years, I would be very scared of my firm's ability to continue to employ me.
Your firm engages in satanism and works for the destruction of the good people of the United States. They need to keep the efficiency up.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They're already moving people. My group is actually relatively busy compared to the rest. The problem is that business is slow on all fronts, just to varying degrees. As you might already know, almost all the major firms have already executed extensive layoffs. It's just that first year associates are typically spared.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Your firm engages in satanism and works for the destruction of the good people of the United States. They need to keep the efficiency up.
I wish we could indeed do that efficiently and not lose so much money whilst destroying everyone's wealth.
frown.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever put it ever quite like this, but I think you've hit on something. I pick what to buy through a process of elimination: if something has a detail I don't like, I cross it off my list. So I don't pick what I like the most; I pick what I dislike the least. It's not good enough for a thing to have many attributes that appeal to me; it has to have close to zero attributes that bother me.

This sounds like me.
eh.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
What would you prescribe to a person who had a consuming attention to details but also an voracious appetite for variety?

Found an international criminal brotherhood. Think what Professor Moriarty could have done with the internet. Manna from heaven.

I don't think I've ever put it ever quite like this, but I think you've hit on something. I pick what to buy through a process of elimination: if something has a detail I don't like, I cross it off my list. So I don't pick what I like the most; I pick what I dislike the least. It's not good enough for a thing to have many attributes that appeal to me; it has to have close to zero attributes that bother me.

Interesting approach. A minimalist, "least-worst" approach to clothing. There's a purity in this somewhere. I could never manage it myself but it's fascinating to read other people's approaches.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I read about mafoo's approach, the more I agree with it. As I have said elsewhere on the forum, there is something quite attractive about a one shoe and a one color shirt wardrobe. Sounds simple in theory, but the devil is in the details of execution. Though I do not agree with the some of the exact choices mafoo has made, I applaud the theory and its execution.

Maybe I should start a thread on what people would have if they were restricted to choosing just one shirt and one shoe. Or did someone make this thread already?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Found an international criminal brotherhood. Think what Professor Moriarty could have done with the internet. Manna from heaven.

I think that I'm already a font of enough mischief.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads