• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baracuta Jacket Fit?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to pick up a Baracuta G9 Slim Fit coat. I did search the jacket, I know there have been many posts, but there seems to be different opinions on the fit. Some say the slim fit is still pretty true to size, and I've seen other guys say the body is true but the sleeves are tight.

I typically wear a 42R or 44R (tailored) suit/jacket. The two most recent coast I bought were a Paul Smith Jeans Blazer in 42 and a Theory blazer in 44. So I literally can do either size.

What have been your guys experience on Baracuta sizing? Thanks,

-Spencer

Naf Nasitra

Reaction score
In my experience, even the slim fit is blousy and long. OI'd order down.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
it runs big. even the slim fit is not really slim fit

other brands have better "slim fitting" G9s, but if you want Baracuta than the slimfit is better than classic fit. I would size down since even the slimfits run large. But if you're tall you risk the arms being too short. The sleeves will never be tight, unless you have pythons for biceps

Naf Nasitra

Reaction score
Also, the measurements on the Baracuta website are useless, and for some reason, they refuse to answer emails requesting actual measurements of their garments.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great info, GS!

What size in FP, BS, JTG or Baracuta would I need to fit an 18" shoulder?

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
it runs big. even the slim fit is not really slim fit

other brands have better "slim fitting" G9s, but if you want Baracuta than the slimfit is better than classic fit. I would size down since even the slimfits run large. But if you're tall you risk the arms being too short. The sleeves will never be tight, unless you have pythons for biceps

Agreed about the sleeves. I had mine tailored down a few inches and it looks a lot better. I could have fit two of my arms in the sleeves, and I'm not a small guy by any stretch. And that's sized down two.

harryc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Great info, GS!

What size in FP, BS, JTG or Baracuta would I need to fit an 18" shoulder?

I purchased a 38 (small) Baracuta G9 from another SFer and it fits very well.

18" shoulder here. I wear a 38R suit jacket and the Baracuta fit very well in the chest, shoulders, and sleeve length.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll add to the chorus: The sleeves on the "slim-fit" are definitely not slim-fit. The body seems true to size though. I'm a 36r and the 36 fits me quite well.
Originally Posted by Johnathan
Agreed about the sleeves. I had mine tailored down a few inches and it looks a lot better. I could have fit two of my arms in the sleeves, and I'm not a small guy by any stretch. And that's sized down two.
How much did this cost? I was thinking of attempting this, but I've never priced alterations on outerwear.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not especially big, I am 5"11 190lbs. I wear a 16.5" 33/34 in dress shirts, and like I said typically a 42R in coats/suits, but have tailored down some 44R suits.

Sounds like a 42R or maybe even a 40R is the way to go. I'd love to try one on, but even here in L.A. they are hard to find
baldy[1].gif

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
I'll add to the chorus: The sleeves on the "slim-fit" are definitely not slim-fit. The body seems true to size though. I'm a 36r and the 36 fits me quite well. How much did this cost? I was thinking of attempting this, but I've never priced alterations on outerwear.
25 bucks.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harryc
I purchased a 38 (small) Baracuta G9 from another SFer and it fits very well.

18" shoulder here. I wear a 38R suit jacket and the Baracuta fit very well in the chest, shoulders, and sleeve length.

Perfect! That's just what I needed and is also what I hoped to hear!

Many thanks!

harryc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Perfect! That's just what I needed and is also what I hoped to hear!

Many thanks!

The sleeves fit just right for me. Stops right at the wrist. I wear a 33.5 sleeve so if you have longer arms, it may be a problem.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeves fit just right for me. Stops right at the wrist. I wear a 33.5 sleeve so if you have longer arms, it may be a problem.

Thats about my sleeve size too so tahst good. Just wonder if the 42R will work...?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cheers again! Still sounding like a perfect fit for me ... even if I have to get the sleeves narrowed a little.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics