• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Thin-Red Line backorder pre-order... We're idiots

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually selling a pair of half brogue willow calfs in size 7.5 UK - in case you're interested (not spamming.... well I suppose I am a bit.)

Originally Posted by OfficialTownDandy
This is my order:
1x Half Brogue Willow Calf , size 7, width G, Leather sole\t£135.00 \t
1x Full Brogue Walnut Suede, size 7, width G, Leather sole\t£109.00 \t

UK VAT has not been added, as it is not required for deliveries to United States of America
The delivery cost for all 2 shoes is £48.61 \t
£244.00 \t
- I will go through with it but my only concern is a member stated that the red lining leaves red dye on socks. Any one else experience this?
-Also if I like the shoes, are other members willing to do another run?
-Finally thanks to Man Of Kent for telling me about this deal. A very gracious gentleman in his responses.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hitokiri8
If anyone is looking for the suede half brogues in a size 8.5, I'll let go of my pair for $165 delivered so I can order the size 8's i need...

Good deal considering it's going to cost ~$200 and 8+ weeks to get them reordered

Anders

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TEPLimey
From the US you can get AS on Pediwear for 153-178 GBP shipped.

Is this true? That is the price excluding VAT, but the website says shipping is 18GBP per shoe. Unless there is some deal that I am unaware of, which is very possible.

Personally, I started a new job so I need to buy these shoes anyway. I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to buy through TRL or another avenue. One item to note is that the Pediwear site does not have Monks, nor brown plain-toe blutches, both of which I plan on ordering.

Also, don't forget that you most likely have to pay a 3% conversion fee if you have a US credit card and pay in GBP.

TEPLimey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anders
Is this true? That is the price excluding VAT, but the website says shipping is 18GBP per shoe. Unless there is some deal that I am unaware of, which is very possible.

Personally, I started a new job so I need to buy these shoes anyway. I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to buy through TRL or another avenue. One item to note is that the Pediwear site does not have Monks, nor brown plain-toe blutches, both of which I plan on ordering.

Also, don't forget that you most likely have to pay a 3% conversion fee if you have a US credit card and pay in GBP.

Sargents ship free from Pediwear per their website.

marin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anders

Use a card like Capital One and there is no currency conversion fee

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by closetmess
$680 US for 4 pairs of shoes...not that bad...too bad my Canadian paper money makes it $800+ for me...

Your avatar freaks my eyes out
smile.gif

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
I am looking at $215 CDN shipped per pair. This is half what a pair of AEs cost up here and fairly similar to what I could get them for online, so I am still thinking of pulling the trigger. I am quite concerned about the potential for duties to blow the price up further though.

I am still not really understanding why regular international shipping for TRL is 12 GBP, but suddenly it's jumped to 24 GBP per pair for these shoes, and they're still talking about the discount they get. I am going to email Richard.

I didn't get dinged on my pair. The increase in price for shipping is because from what I understand the 12 pounds was a mistake but they still honored it on the previous orders.

kischi

Reaction score
Please log in and proceed to the shoe order confirmation page. This page will remain open for 7 days or until we have received all responses, whichever is the sooner.
Could anyone give me the link to that confirmation page? When I log in, nothing happens and I don't know how to get there.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pardon the interruption, I have some TRL shoes from the original sale in size 10F and would be willing to trade down to size 9.5F if anyone is looking to go in the other direction. If interested, please PM me.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question regarding the Chukkas and the Half Brogues: I recently received a pair of Half Brogues in size 9.5 and they fit perfectly. I'm looking to order the Chukka and am thinking a size 10 as on Pediwear it says the AS Chukka is a different lasts and Chukkas are often a bit rounder and shorter than oxfords.

TRL is saying all their shoes are all on the same last. That strikes me as strange as the photos I've seen of the Full Brogues seem rounder and more elongated than the Half Brogue. I also received the black suede loafers the other day which seem to have a different shape than the Half Brogues.

I woud love to hear any input from someone who has a pair. Thanks!

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
All this talk about price but in the end, they aren't that expensive for decently made shoes. I just wish TRL would be a little more transparent. They won't actually say that the maker is Alfred Sargent and they won't say which last they are on. If I knew the last, I would know which size/width to order. But without that information, it's tough to commit when return shipping is prohibitively expensive.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Looking at photos of the shoes it just doesn't seem like all their shoes are on the same lasts. I could be wrong, but it seems strange that Chukkas, Oxfords, Derbys and Loafers are all on the same last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads