• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarettes

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I would also tell my friends who smoked that it was unhealthy, but I honestly did not care about their health. I was just too polite to tell them they smelled like rank ass all the time.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
can you describe how a rank ass smell like?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Marlboros are $3.85 with tax.
Newports are $4.75 with tax.
Camels are $3.55 with tax.
Dunhills are $4.75 at the liquor store, $5.95 at the head shop.

Camels are anywhere from $4.80 to $6.99 in WA. There are still a (very) few places I can get them for $4.80, though I don't usually bother because they are out of the way. Washington State has one of the highest cigarette taxes in the country, which is lame, but when I go to Tokyo, I feel like its a super bonus that Cigarettes are like $2.80 there.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Camels are anywhere from $4.80 to $6.99 in WA. There are still a (very) few places I can get them for $4.80, though I don't usually bother because they are out of the way. Washington State has one of the highest cigarette taxes in the country, which is lame, but when I go to Tokyo, I feel like its a super bonus that Cigarettes are like $2.80 there.

I live about an hour and a half north of Chicago, so I make the trip down there somewhat often. Last time I was down there, I ran out of smokes, and store-hopping makes me jones for a cigarette. I went to Walgreens - $7.50 for a pack of Marbs - ridiculous taxes!

Zhivyetz

Reaction score
Wow, you guys have cheap smokes in the States. In Ontario a pack of anything decent approaches $10 (over $8 US). Indian cigarettes are much cheaper but at even $4/pack they're not worth it.

If anyone knows of any reliable sites that ship discounted cigarettes to Canada I'd certainly like to hear about em.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pack of Dunhills cost $12 in Canada. Grr. Worse still, I can't find Gauloises, Camels or Davidoffs anymore in Winnipeg. Double grr.

arunmuku

Reaction score
Smoking causes disease and is a slow way to die. The strain put on your body by smoking often causes years of suffering. Emphysema is an illness that slowly rots your lungs. People with emphysema often get bronchitis again and again, and suffer lung and heart failure.

Lung cancer from smoking is caused by the tar in tobacco smoke. Men who smoke are ten times more likely to die from lung cancer than non-smokers.

Heart disease and strokes are also more common among smokers than non-smokers.

Smoking causes fat deposits to narrow and block blood vessels which leads to heart attack.

Smoking causes around one in five deaths from heart disease.

In younger people, three out of four deaths from heart disease are due to smoking.

for more info
http://www.clipandquit.com

Manic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
Pack of Dunhills cost $12 in Canada. Grr. Worse still, I can't find Gauloises, Camels or Davidoffs anymore in Winnipeg. Double grr.

Fellow Pegger...

You can find Camels at Mac's way down North Main St.

Can't remember the intersection, but there is a Sobey's and an ice cream joint called "The Spotted Cow" in the same area.

I used to buy Camels there for about $10 a pack. They should still carry them.

I think most of the Mac's stores do. I live in the village so I will check the one on Osborne & Roslyn next time I go there.

You can also try "Up in Smoke" on Leila for anything really different.

For me however, it's Marlboro lights or Players light reg. I'm boring, what can I say?

mass

Reaction score
i was down in california the other week (venice)... wal-greens had newports 2 for ~8, chesterfields 2 for 6, and 3 tall cans of arizona for 2$. i'm pretty sure marlboros are only 3-3.5. i actually had a stranger come up to me and say 'you should quit smoking'. yeah, thanks! anyways a friend of mine there says smoking is a very uncalifornia thing to do (i'm from vancouver). weird.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to smoke back in the day. I first started smoking Marlboro lights, I then switched to Marlboro Light Menthol, and then I switched to Marlboro Mediums. Then, I quite for a while, only to start smoking again about a year later. When I restarted smoking, I smoked Marlboro Ultra Lights. This lasted for a few months and then I quit again. In the past year, since I quit, I've smoked maybe 2 or 3 cigarettes. I don't judge people who smoke or lecture them. If they are adults it's really their decision and none of anybody else's business. New Jersey (where I live) just passed a smoking ban for bars and restaurants and I am opposed to that law for ideological reasons even though it's kind of nice having bars and restaurants that aren't cloudy anymore.

swooc

Reaction score
lucky strike is my brand.....if they are out of stock then dunhills. We get the crappy packets here in Aust though and recently lucky strike decided to use the white filters which i absolutely hate, i prefer cork filters by a mile. That has stopped me from smoking heavily too.

I also like the smell of smoke too for some strange reason....combined with cologne it has a really sweet scent to my nose :p.

However i am planning to quit the whole habit altogether, which kind of sucks cause i actually do enjoy smoking alot as a casual thing.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manic
Fellow Pegger...

You can find Camels at Mac's way down North Main St.

Can't remember the intersection, but there is a Sobey's and an ice cream joint called "The Spotted Cow" in the same area.

I used to buy Camels there for about $10 a pack. They should still carry them.

I think most of the Mac's stores do. I live in the village so I will check the one on Osborne & Roslyn next time I go there.

You can also try "Up in Smoke" on Leila for anything really different.

For me however, it's Marlboro lights or Players light reg. I'm boring, what can I say?

Manic, I just visited the Mac's on Osborne. Great friendly service, and Camel's Filter for CDN $10. Not bad at all

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i roll my own american spirits, 100% us grown tobacco. best ive found, puts nat shermans tobacco to shame. i pay 5$ for a 1.41oz/40g pouch. when i lived in virginia, it was 2.50. a pouch will last me 4 days.

cheapest and best cigs out there, if youre a real man. also, nothing looks better with a pair of levis repros than rolling your own cig, pulling your zippo out of your coin pocket, and having a girl come up and ask "would you roll me one cowboy?"

mass

Reaction score
american spirits don't really taste like anything though!

i had a girl come up to me once and ask for a cigarette. when i pulled out my pack of newport 100s she said 'oh newports? thanks, but nevermind'. heh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics