• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
mine are coming up on their 2nd wash. gonna get them hemmed up to a 32" I think.

centrix

Reaction score
if i can fit into jeans with a waist of 36inches (could probably fit into a size 34 if i try hard enough), what size should i be aiming for?
my size 36 imperial kings arent working out for me, and im looking for a replacement thats a lil slimmer but with approx a 9inch leg opening
any advice?

yes yes im a *****

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by centrix
if i can fit into jeans with a waist of 36inches (could probably fit into a size 34 if i try hard enough), what size should i be aiming for?
my size 36 imperial kings arent working out for me, and im looking for a replacement thats a lil slimmer but with approx a 9inch leg opening
any advice?

yes yes im a *****

Get the size 36 in the SEXSC06, once they shrink after the first soak they'll be exactly what you're looking for.

centrix

Reaction score
dammit
frown.gif
another store falls

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reluctantly gave these their first cold wash today. I've already gotten a rip showing in the crotch on the corner of the reinforcement. Probably going to have it patched here at some point. Will be wearing my Dry Bones until it gets fixed most likely.
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
xchen: what kinda belts are you rocking?
The dark one is my Tanner belt at over a year and a half of wear and the light one with the tassel is my friend's belt. He got it in Taiwan last summer. Don't know the brand or any other details than that but you might be able to find it or something really similar on Rakuten.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These seem to rip in the crotch really quick and easy.

skunkworks

Reaction score
There is a kind of beautiful irony in getting a crotch hole right at the corner of the reinforcement.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
its not an irony, its a construction flaw. the edges of the reinforcement aren't rounded, so when they press against the thin outside fabric it wears through

aka ****** design in a $300 jean =/ =/

skunkworks

Reaction score
I'm not so sold on crotch reinforcement anyhow. Seems like it could just add more stress points. I'd rather have the crotch lined with a softer contrasting fabric, similar to how back pockets are done.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
its not an irony, its a construction flaw. the edges of the reinforcement aren't rounded, so when they press against the thin outside fabric it wears through aka ****** design in a $300 jean =/ =/
Show's how much you know about denim construction, but figures consider you worked at a fashion store. Denim woven this loosely in weave pattern and in this weight (~12oz) will tear in the crotch with daily wear if the jean is worn slim within 3 months, the reinforcement at least doubled the life of the crotch area.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
^whoa geez

you expected him not to step up for his pet project?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads