• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Blenheim Bouquet

Getting ready to switch to English Fern in the next few days (except when it rains)

Am in 2 minds about Blenheim boquet - still prefer opus I think. I find Penhaligons only have a few decent fragrances - I got a tin of fragrance testers with my last order and I only really liked the Blenheim and Opus.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: YSL Kourous Fraicheur. Each day my hand wanders past the blut box, but this time I figured it was time to give it a wearing. Been a while.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guerlain Pamplelune for me today. Grapefruit, mandarin zest, patchouli, and some vanilla. A strange mix of spice, citrus, sweet, and funk. Varies depending on heat between fresh and foul... just like I like 'em.
smile.gif

Dane

Reaction score
Testing Black Aoud today....one tiny squirt from a sample vial is enough to knock over several elephants...whooO!

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford. Way too overpriced, but it smells great.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some good places to check out in Paris to buy a cologne?

Preferably colognes that can't be found in other places.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
What are some good places to check out in Paris to buy a cologne? Preferably colognes that can't be found in other places.
Les Salon du Palais Royale Shiseido for Lutens. The main Guerlain boutique with all of their "bee" bottles in limited editions. The Caron flagship. The Montale flagship. All of those will be neat, but many of the fragrances you can only get there will 1) be really expensive and 2) often be VERY love or hate.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Les Salon du Palais Royale Shiseido for Lutens. The main Guerlain boutique with all of their "bee" bottles in limited editions. The Caron flagship. The Montale flagship.

All of those will be neat, but many of the fragrances you can only get there will 1) be really expensive and 2) often be VERY love or hate.

Thanks.

BTW, don't know if I mentioned it, but I loved your rec of Creed Silver Mountain Water. It's my favorite cologne right now.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Guerlain Vetiver. Since Saturday evening.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adidas Moves today. My new gym scent, although I don't really care for the cucumberish note in it. I'm thinking of purchasing Polo Double Black, could someone tell me if it has good longevity etc. ?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Angel*Men by Mugler

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics