• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom dress shoes Toronto

Donnyboy

Reaction score
Can any one recommend where to get dress shoes made in Toronto? I have heard of Nick's custom boots on Dupont any comments? I was thinking of getting a moulded plastic last made in Toronto and sending it to Mannina to get a pair of cap toes made, any comments?

Nexus6

Reaction score
Bespoke Mens dress shoes in Toronto? I am definitely paying attention to this thread.
lurker[1].gif
Just a thought.. Hermes in Toronto carries John Lobb RTW 130 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON M5S 1N5 (416) 968-8626 http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&um=...ns-to&resnum=1 I made a quick phone inquiry just moments ago, and they said 'no' to the bespoke option. (the young man that took my call didn't even know what 'bespoke' meant, and had to ask his manager, who said no) If you could find a place that will even do the lasts for you here, as you say, they could then be sent to Lobb in England perhaps, or another manufacturer of your choosing. Best of luck on this venture. Anyone else have any ideas?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holt Renfrew is also carrying Lobbs. I don't know why Hermes would be carrying Lobb.

Either way, I've seen that shoe place on Dupont and I always wondered about it. If you go let me know what they are charging for a decent cap toe.

navysuede

Reaction score
I don't know why Hermes would be carrying Lobb.

Hermes of Paris France owns the John Lobb company.
As for shoe factories in Canada that make better mens shoes.I would like to know?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
House of Salgado in the TD Tower downtown claims to sell custom shoes.

Donnyboy

Reaction score
can anyone comment comment on WG Harris. I spoke to him today and he is planning on closing down in 2 months. He said he is not taking any new orders and currently makes riding boots for the Police.

navysuede

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can ref. to any pictures or more information on the Canadian Companies?

literasyme

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Donnyboy
can anyone comment comment on WG Harris. I spoke to him today and he is planning on closing down in 2 months. He said he is not taking any new orders and currently makes riding boots for the Police.

I think that's the story with Nick's as well. I've bought supplies there, and they seem to make mainly boots for police officers. They're neither Goodyear welted nor Blake stitched, but use some sort of other welting/stitching method the name of which I can't remember now... Not the most elegant boots, but extremely sturdy-looking!

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by navysuede
Wondering if anyone can ref. to any pictures or more information on the Canadian Companies?
Dacks used to make their shoes in Canada, but AFAIK their production was taken over by Church's in the 90s (this was what the store manager here in Ottawa told me). Their top-grade shoes are made in the same factory as Church's, but receive a different label. "Bench-grade" shoes, selling at around $250/pair (two years ago, anyway) were made in Mexico. Aside from that, I don't think anyone makes shoes in Canada anymore - even John Fluevog has most of his stuff made overseas, I hear. If someone can prove me wrong I'd be happy to find out.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Dacks used to make their shoes in Canada, but AFAIK their production was taken over by Church's in the 90s (this was what the store manager here in Ottawa told me). Their top-grade shoes are made in the same factory as Church's, but receive a different label. "Bench-grade" shoes, selling at around $250/pair (two years ago, anyway) were made in Mexico.

Aside from that, I don't think anyone makes shoes in Canada anymore - even John Fluevog has most of his stuff made overseas, I hear. If someone can prove me wrong I'd be happy to find out.

Speaking with the gentlemen from Dack's, Cheaney currently makes their shoes.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
Speaking with the gentlemen from Dack's, Cheaney currently makes their shoes.

So does Mexico.
They carry both.

There was a 50% off sale going on recently..
doen't know if it is still going on until the end of the month.
A great oppourtunity to buy the Cheaney Dack's for $250/pr if the sale is still on,
or if they'll even have size selection to choose from.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nexus6
So does Mexico.
They carry both.

There was a 50% off sale going on recently..
doen't know if it is still going on until the end of the month.
A great oppourtunity to buy the Cheaney Dack's for $250/pr if the sale is still on,
or if they'll even have size selection to choose from.

Additional 50% off sale is still on for all discontinued styles. So, if you can find your size, the current sale price is $250 - 50% off which is a very good deal.

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walk past Nick's Custom Boots quite frequently, and sometimes buy shoe polish there. I think his custom shoes start at around $350, but I don't know what you're getting at that price. He does have a website, but I don't think it's been updated very recently:

http://www.nickscustomboots.com/products_shoe.html#

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads