• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J lasts

bullethead

Reaction score
Grimslade, how tall are you, if you don't mind me asking?

I agree the 348 looks long but I find when it's on my foot it isn't bad at all.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
Personally, I am at home in the 236 (Connaught) and the 341 (Finsbury) and will never tire of the Tetbury (348) long after perhaps "resting" the 348 in general.

But the 360 last I think is the one that catches the eye at the moment. Predominantly to be found in the Far East

IMG_1261.jpg
[/IMG]

MAIDWELL (360)

IMG_1240.jpg
[/IMG]

YARDLEY (360)

IMG_2746.jpg
[/IMG]

MILNER (360)

Regards,

Graham

IMG_1389.jpg
[/IMG]

BRAMWELL (360)

Hi Guys,

Starting to see more and more 360 lasts here in Northampton.

What do you think?

360last3.jpg
[/IMG]

360last.jpg
[/IMG]

360last2.jpg
[/IMG]

FRONT (Left to right)

Crawley - plain derby coffee
Malton - semi brogue mahogany
Wembley - oxford burgundy

REAR

Maidstone - monk coffee
Mitcham - black cap toe

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bullethead
Grimslade, how tall are you, if you don't mind me asking? I agree the 348 looks long but I find when it's on my foot it isn't bad at all.
I'm 5'11" or so. And wear a size 12 shoe. Graham, I like the Wembley a lot.

citoyen

Reaction score
+1 on the Wembley + add me on the Malton list. What sizes do you get there?

Seldom you see a burgundy C&J. I like it very much. How does the 360 compare to say 341&348 in fitting? Similar?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about flat feet in C&J?

Some of the C&J lasts, like the 240, are high-arched (like the Alden Barrie). If your foot is flat enough, it feels like there is something under your foot, just forward the heel.

Has anyone (besides jmonroestyle, who thinks some models of the 341 might work for flat feet) taken note of which C&J lasts are better for feet with high arches, and which lasts are better for flat feet?

sammy

Reaction score
I have the Westfields on the 341 last that fit me well. I am considering buying the Sydney loafer, which is also on the same last. Should I stay with the same size (6E) or size down (5.5E)?

sf_esq

Reaction score
The 360 has grown on me as well. Shame it's not easily available. I can't wait to make a pilgrimage to the CJ factory store. One of these days...

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how the sizing on the 360 last is? true to size 8.5UK-9US?

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni

I asked Salsalocust the same question, unless I misunderstood, I believe that one would wear the same size in the 348 and 360 last. It appears to be on the longer, narrower and slightly pointer side. It almost looks like the 348, but with a round, rather than a chiseled toe. It may also fit those who wear the 337, but I didn't ask.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni

I have a pair on the 360. I wear them the same size as most of my other C&J lasts, which is one full size below my US size.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As most of you now appreciate, I like to post shoes of interest.... rather than details of when I intend to sell them
tounge.gif

Crockett & Jones "Reading" Tan (348 last)

IMG_3051.jpg
[/IMG]

and this one is a 'special'

Crockett & Jones Chukka boot in Cedar with medallion (almost certain it is on the348 last

IMG_3058.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,

Graham

Lord Gladstone

Reaction score
Recently I wore the C&J Wigmore (360 last) at a local shop here in Holland. The 360 last shoes are only available in mto-programs or by ordering at the c&j.fr site.

In my experience the 360 last is almost the same as the 348. I own 341 and 348 pairs. It's just a bit narrower at the nose.

The Wigmore:
wigmore2.jpg

sf_esq

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the 360 is slightly larger for me than the 348. Both are elongated, but my 348 is noticeably snugger on my foot than the 360.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads