• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I did CdG x Monocle: Hinoki on the left, Omnia Granato on the right. Interesting, enjoyable, smokey and a bit sweet rolling gently over crisp woody pine and that sharp turpentine note in Hinoki.

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
Paco Rabanne Black XS

My JV Artisan samples came in today. I'll probably try them tomorrow if its not so cold out.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, I wore Terre d'Hermes in public for the first time today, and I can't stop smelling myself! Thinking you don't "get" colognes in general is like your mom thinking you're gay... you just haven't met the right one yet. Oh, and you can still get John Varvatos for $22 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/John-Varvatos-...=pd_sim_hpc_19

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Incidentally, I wore Terre d'Hermes in public for the first time today, and I can't stop smelling myself! Thinking you don't "get" colognes in general is like your mom thinking you're gay... you just haven't met the right one yet. Oh, and you can still get John Varvatos for $22 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/John-Varvatos-...=pd_sim_hpc_19
oh, F#ck. Another Amazon promo. Sayonara Fiscal Responsibility

MLIW

Reaction score
Hugo Boss LTD Edition nice for a sunny day

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't done my SOTD in a while... but today I'm going for Helmut Lang EdP.

My bottle runs low... I really wish they'd rerelease this one with Cuiron.
frown.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: a sample of MPG Santal Noble. Normally I say mnegh to Sandalwood scents - they're nice, and therein lies the issue. Nice, well-mannered, mnegh. This one has a little more something-something under the surface that keeps me interested. Interested enough to buy a bottle? ...probably not, but if you're looking for something discreet and understated, this might be up your alley.

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Today: a sample of MPG Santal Noble. Normally I say mnegh to Sandalwood scents - they're nice, and therein lies the issue. Nice, well-mannered, mnegh. This one has a little more something-something under the surface that keeps me interested. Interested enough to buy a bottle? ...probably not, but if you're looking for something discreet and understated, this might be up your alley.

Old or new? Haven't tried the reformulatd yet.

Wearing A La Nuit today.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
Old or new? Haven't tried the reformulatd yet.

Wearing A La Nuit today.

I've had this sample for months now, maybe a year. Just now deciding to give it a whirl.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a tab of JV Artisan in the new issue of GQ (with Zac Effron on the cover, I practically threw up). Was a lot more orangey than I had expected. I like my CdG Grapefruit so I'm glad I didn't go ahead and just buy the Artisan even though it's probably a lot more complex.

Six Scents: Number 4 today. Nutmeg, black pepper, dill, palissander, musk...mmm...

Lear

Reaction score
Just bought my first bottle of Green Irish Tweed. It comes in a hefty, black glass bottle.

I've heard people talk about leaving scents for a few minutes, before considering their appeal. GIT is the first scent that I've found this to be the case with. It really does improve during the first few minutes.

Lovely stuff!

Lear

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I've had this sample for months now, maybe a year. Just now deciding to give it a whirl.

It's extremely strong....then fades away quite quickly. Nice if you like jasmine.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ysl+live+jazz.jpg

Just got this Live Jazz recently. Still not sure what to think of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads