• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wrap them in duct tape.

jpo

Reaction score
So, I got hooked on trying some Clark Desert Boots after all the good words on SF.

I'm in Indianapolis so I called the Clarks store at Circle Center mall. The SA working said, "I'm wearing Desert Boots right now.". I went down to the store and sure enough the SA, J.R., is a huge Desert Boot fan - he has several pair and love them. So, he was extremely helpful.

So, I loved them but was having trouble deciding between Sand Suede and Dark Brown Suede. So, he offered 20% off if I got both pair. I was sold. So, I got both Sand and Brown suede for a total of $142 and even threw in some additional laces. He sprayed them down with water proofing so I was ready to wear them out of the store.

It was an awesome retail experience. I did all that and got a great deal over my lunch hour (and a half).

If anyone is in or near Indy, stop in the Clark's store and J.R. will hook you up. I can't wait to roll in my first pairs of Desert Boots.

thedamnscott

Reaction score
1 size up indeed.
15 in Sperry's and most shoes, 14 in Clarks DB.

bbigsby

Reaction score
True. I'm a 10 in Sperry's and my 9.5 DBs are a 1/2 size large. Go a full size down.

wisie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbigsby
True. I'm a 10 in Sperry's and my 9.5 DBs are a 1/2 size large. Go a full size down.
Just bought some today and I agree with this, I went 1/2 down and they're still just a bit too big.. Not sure what to do? Do gel insoles work well? Edit: It seems the laces weren't as tight as they should and after wearing them for a day with the laces super tight and thickish socks they fitted a lot better.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damnit, i bought 1/2 down. and shoes.com don't have a size 10. i got lucky and probably can return it.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I only go 1/2 size down and they're fine. You don't want them so tight that your feet are cramped.

Got the sand suede today. These are nice. I have 3 other suede pair, and this is the only pair that doesn't have a smooth leather lining. This makes them slightly floppier around the ankle area, which I like. I wonder if this is because the sand suede is more of a true original DB, that is, true to the original make?

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
How dark is the smoke gray DBs? On every website, it looks black. The only difference it seems is the light color stichings on the smoke grays.

Mark_Y

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
How dark is the smoke gray DBs? On every website, it looks black. The only difference it seems is the light color stichings on the smoke grays.

My smoked gray just came yesterday. They're pretty dark but they aren't black. When I showed them to my wife, she said "are they supposed to be black or gray, because they look gray". I like them. My beeswax are on the way.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amnesiac
quick camera phone pic. I tried to get the color as close as possible. these were target tan/beige suede before i soaked in 3 layers of sno-seal beeswax waterproofer. for $20 i'm not complaining, i don't really like suede texturally anyway

Wow, awesome. The target website only has size 8 now. I'll check to see if they can be found at a nearby store.

Originally Posted by Mark_Y
My smoked gray just came yesterday. They're pretty dark but they aren't black. When I showed them to my wife, she said "are they supposed to be black or gray, because they look gray". I like them. My beeswax are on the way.

I just ordered a pair of the smoked grey. My only concern is how they might look with indigo denim.

To Sir with Love

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Wow, awesome. The target website only has size 8 now. I'll check to see if they can be found at a nearby store.

What size are you looking for? I have a slightly used pair of 9.5 (Meronas, not Clarks) I usually wear a 9.5, but the 10s fit me better in the Meronas. I'm guessing I would still be a 9 in the Clarks though (that's what my Converse All-Stars are).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads