• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have an opinion on Bally shoes?

oaw01

Reaction score
Since the Gilt RL shoes were a bust - way overprice for what was offered. I found these Ballys on amazon. I tried on some Bally's at Saks and they seem to be decent shoes so for the $160 range it seems like a good deal

41JInuLFeML._AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/BALLY-Mens-Can...0286933&sr=8-1

Nexus6

Reaction score
They look great to me! Wingtipped Monks. My compliments. I have 2 pairs of Bally. 1 pr Loafers & 1 pr black sneakers. They have buttery soft leathers and weigh so little its like walking on air. Used to have 1 pair of plain-toed oxfords, but traded them for 2 shirts. I found the soles on the loafers very thin, and had them TOPY'd for some extra protection. These are the oxfords I no longer have. http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...2&d=1231357960 But a friend is now enjoying them. Congratulations!
smile.gif

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bally is a shell of its former past. Back in March, while waiting for a lay over flight at London Heathrow, I visited the overpriced Bally store inside the airport. The shoes were disappointing

I would stay away from them

Although I must note...wing tipped monk straps are a rarity...but this is the finest ever made for the RTW unwashed mases
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=5171

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yes, they're a good value at $160.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$160 seems like a good deal. They are nice looking shoes too. Quality isnt top of the line but it isnt bad either. Pull the trigger.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
$160 seems like a good deal. They are nice looking shoes too. Quality isnt top of the line but it isnt bad either. Pull the trigger.

Hell, top of the line is $1000+ EG, Lobbs, etc.. I haven't found any for a good price. So, one day I might be an elite and own a pair of Made in England Benchmade shoes.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Bally is a shell of its former past. Back in March, while waiting for a lay over flight at London Heathrow, I visited the overpriced Bally store inside the airport. The shoes were disappointing I would stay away from them Although I must note...wing tipped monk straps are a rarity...but this is the finest ever made for the RTW unwashed mases http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=5171
Your information is outdated. I was talking to a knowledgeable sales rep at a haberdasher that carries them, they told me that last summer they switched production to a new supplier who's providing them with mainly blake-stitched models now. And this is a store that dropped Bally altogether several years ago over quality issues. I had a chance to inspect them myself, and they look solid. I was sorely tempted to pull the trigger on a pair myself, but the last wasn't for me. If you're getting one of the newer blake stitched models, $160 is an outstanding price for such an attractive shoe.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For $160, yes. For $400+, which they commonly retail for here in Australia, no f**ing way!

I've liked most of the Bally scribe shoes I've seen, but for the prices they charge here for the Bally name I've never been tempted to go Swiss (I'm assuming those in the picture are Swiss made - or Italian?)

davidsj

Reaction score
The best deal I ever got out of Century 21 was a pair of Bally loafers for $100, I still wear them to this day.

cgo

Reaction score
or visit the Bally warehouse store in Sydney ... I scored some real nice bargain from there....at least 50%

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had some BALLY when I was sixten or seventeen, a few monns ago, and they were OK...
I do think think that they're overpriced and lacking some vavavoom...
They're cheaper than Church's and JM WESTON but I would prefer saving my money and buying something better.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In Aussie it's hard to get good shoes and Bally were one of the better ones on sale. I suppose I have bought 6 pairs over 10 years. The present stuff is very ordinary (apart form Scribe at AUD1200/600 on sale).

yoshii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cgo
or visit the Bally warehouse store in Sydney ... I scored some real nice bargain from there....at least 50%

Wouldn't happen to know of any places like that in Melbourne would you? You could hardly call them "sales" down here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics