• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Heh, if they don't do that, people hand in papers with 13 point fonts, 1.5 inch margins, double+ spacing, etc.
Yeah. Assholes would do that and then argue with the professor for weeks about it. "But you didn't specify font size!!!" Kwilk, she talked about doing "case studies" I guess. Three of them was her recommended number. I may just do two specific ones and then a broader discussion of the historicity of the accounts. I dunno.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I am feeling held hostage this afternoon, as my wife won't get her ass in gear, so we can go run errands. My suspicion is, she will find enough things to putz around with, such that we will just have time to get to our dinner engagement
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
is she a dawdler? I HATE DAWDLERS

Not at all usually. Thus my frustration today.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah. Then a reason, there must be (no, not really).

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I have 2 paragraphs done. Progress!

I have done 3.5/6 of my take-home final essays that are due tomorrow. Aside from those, I handed in 4 on friday. I've been a machine these last few days, which is good, because last week I was a useless twat and handed in a term paper 2 days late b/c I just couldn't get in to it.
frown.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you have that many essay finals? I am almost on page 4 of my paper. In three years as a history major, this is probably the shittiest thing I have ever produced.
laugh.gif
I sort of fear for my grade because the TA is fat and ugly, and women like that tend to be jealous of the skinny beautiful people like me.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bad luck, I guess. I would have been totally fucked if my archaeology prof (same prof for 2 classes) didn't change the due dates from friday to monday. With all the other papers (5) that I've handed in the last couple of weeks I was JUST able to finish my roman lit take-home by friday. I don't know when I would have done these other essays (probably on no sleep and very poorly). I wasted the half of the long weekend but I was totally burned out on reading journal articles and writing essays. What's **** is that take-homes are due at the beginning of the exam period, not at the end, so you have very little time to do them, especially if you are otherwise busy finishing-up your term papers as well. If you get them in 3 classes it pretty much sucks. This is the first time it's ever happened though. I usually have more sit-down finals and maybe one take-home.

Anyway, to answer your question, I had to write 4 essays for my roman lit, and 3 for each of the archaeology classes that I'm taking, making 10 total, minimum of 1000 words each. It's difficult to treat the subjects properly in so few words so mine are more like 1500. Roman lit was rough cause I had to catch-up on reading before I could even start the essays. That was the one class that I consistently sacrificed this term and there's no way i'm getting higher than a C in it because of the lateness and quality of my term paper. My citations were horrible. I cited one source for most of it, intersperced very lightly with some other sources. With lateness factored in (-20%), I'm anticipating 20/40 for it. I wrote a really good final so I'll hopefully not get anything as dreadful as a D.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
People whining incessantly about school and essays.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dated a gorgeous blonde last year, but fubared things by being too slow and not showing enough interest. I just found out that she is in the final 64 for Miss Universe Canada.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came home from INTERKAMA. A trade fair in north Germany. 60%+ of the people there are dressed so bad, you wonder if they've had to try different sets of cloth to find the worst.

How can someone think a tie that only reachs down 50% of the way from his neck to his belt is fine?

Sneakers + suit != business attire

I'm crying inside... but I'm too drunk to show it.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was about to buy a ticket to NY but got distracted. Came back a few hours later and it had jumped $70. There goes a dinner out
frown.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reorganization at work. How is it that my boss's boss has no info but others do? This re-org will be effective in less than two weeks and they haven't told us schmoes who may have to move and work for new people, what's going on. They better not move me.

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads