• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Info: Best Ties List

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have some 6 *** 7 folds from Kiton and Isaia and love them both.

You think they make big knots? Try the 10 fold Charles Thyritt I've got, wanna talk about a gorilla fist.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone mentioned Barba yet? Best knots on me. Elegant, unique wovens too.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Anyone mentioned Barba yet? Best knots on me. Elegant, unique wovens too.

I have 2, they are really nicely made, not as nice as Borrelli, but they do make nice knots.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
I have 2, they are really nicely made, not as nice as Borrelli, but they do make nice knots.

I prefer my Barba to my Borrelli by a stupendous margins. Borrelli ties are alright

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I prefer my Barba to my Borrelli by a stupendous margins. Borrelli ties be awright

FTFY

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's about Liberty (of London) and their vintage print silk ties?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ziggyosk

Reaction score
I have one Kiton tie and I love the look and feel of it but I have trouble tying it. I always do a FIH and when I do it with a Kiton the tail end always ends up below the front part of the tie. I end up having to wrap it twice (which I don't like doing) and it takes me a few tries. I'm 6', so i'm not very short or tall.

Anyone else have this problem with Kiton? Are they all hard to tie like that?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do Jerry Garcia ties rank on the list?

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Charvet ties are far and away my first choice - beautiful silks, nice weight, striking colours, make for beautiful knots (though some are too fat) - they probably make up 60% of my tie selection

Also like Drakes, some of T&A's selection and knits from Gallo

Rubinacci I am frankly less keen on. A number of times I have picked up a few after a boozy lunch at Scott's, only to find that (striking though the silks are) I just don't like the flimsiness of the construction and the way they knot

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Where do Jerry Garcia ties rank on the list?

Yo make fun but I sell the **** out of them over on d'bay.

Originally Posted by R.O. Thornhill
Charvet ties are far and away my first choice - beautiful silks, nice weight, striking colours, make for beautiful knots (though some are too fat) - they probably make up 60% of my tie selection

Also like Drakes, some of T&A's selection and knits from Gallo

Rubinacci I am frankly less keen on. A number of times I have picked up a few after a boozy lunch at Scott's, only to find that (striking though the silks are) I just don't like the flimsiness of the construction and the way they knot

I love the charvet ties also, but I question their durability.

heard546

Reaction score
Try the elusive 12 Fold from Dolcepunta. I have a skinny neck, and purchased one only to return it because the it was too thick for me to wear.

tony
Originally Posted by idfnl
I have some 6 *** 7 folds from Kiton and Isaia and love them both.

You think they make big knots? Try the 10 fold Charles Thyritt I've got, wanna talk about a gorilla fist.

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
Bespoke (not the method, the company) ties.....fantastatic and cheap for what you get.

coverto

Reaction score
I'll object to Drakes being relegated to second tier. Their silk knits and grenadines set the standard, and I recently discovered that they somehow manage to make madras an agent of divinity. Say nothing of the houndstooth, the repp stripes, the glen plaids....

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heard546
Try the elusive 12 Fold from Dolcepunta. I have a skinny neck, and purchased one only to return it because the it was too thick for me to wear.

tony

I have a Dolcepunta tie and like it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads