• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harvie & Hudson or Brooks Brothers shirts?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which one is better in term of quality (given that price, fit, etc. are equal)? Thanks

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
which one is better in term of quality (given that price, fit, etc. are equal)? Thanks

Harvie & Hudson by a mile.

instep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowndes
Harvie & Hudson by a mile.
Actually, a light year.

mdp0430

Reaction score
Just received two H&H shirts, compared to the BB slim fit shirts, the cuffs of the HH shirts are much too tight on the wrist. To the point where I can't get to my watch to see the time. I hope that this can be resolved by moving the buttons...

Otherwise, the colors and designs are less conservative than BB, which I like. Also, they're not non-iron, which I like too.

krakatoa

Reaction score
I prefer the colors and styling of H&H shirts, but (at least on those I've ordered) the sizing seems to be off (running smaller - uncomfortably so - in the collar, and somewhat less in the sleeves, after a few washes than what the marked size would suggest). Moreover, H&H, in my experience, run slim, whereas BB regular cuts are fuller. A pity for those of us requiring a fuller cut...But to answer the OP's question, I agree with others that H&H seem to have better fabrics and tailoring. Since you're comparing H&H with BB, I suspect you have your eye on the more conservative H&H shirts - if you have a slimmer fit, my advice is to go for them.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was very unimpressed with Harvie and Hudson when I was in London a few months ago. Fit is just as baggy as BB regular fit shirts and their slim fits have darts in the back rather than just being cut slimmer. Same goes for TML, did not see H&K though.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
I have several H&H shirts and MANY BB shirts. H&H is incredibly baggy, quite possibly roomier than BB traditional fit. I've found H&H quality to be fine but by no means noticeably better than BB (assuming you get non-non-iron BB). I actually think the two are pretty equivalent in quality. Collar shape on H&H is not fantastic either (at least on the standard dress shirts sold online). It is fine but the collar band tends to fold at the button (not due to tightness around my neck), which pushes down tie knots and the points are not quite spread enough. For the price though, they are great shirts (note that they're cheaper than BB), especially considering the MOP buttons.

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
How does the standard H&K shirt fit? Today I received a BB Luxury Slim Fit and was disappointed by their definition of "slim".
Originally Posted by comrade
While you're at it, look into the "Sale my Mail " sale currently underway at Hilditch and Key: http://www.hilditchandkey.co.uk/shop/18/index.htm Their shirts are superior to H &H, I own both, although H&H make very nice shirts.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
How does the standard H&K shirt fit?

Today I received a BB Luxury Slim Fit and was disappointed by their definition of "slim".

You'll have to check with someone else. I'd guess that they are fairly full.
I wear 16.5 34 sleeve and measure 44' in the chest. When I weighed 12 lbs
less 15 years ago, I still bought full-cut shirts and had them tapered
because of my chest/shoulder measurement.

mdp0430

Reaction score
Based on the 2 HH shirts I just received, I would say that the fit is similar to the BB Regular Fit shirts. I believe most BB Luxury shirts are Regular Fit, unless otherwise specified (e.g. Slim Fit). The BB Traditional Fit shirts are far more blousy than the HH shirts, at least in my observation.

Richard Harvie

Reaction score
As a gentleman I cannot give an unbiased point of view (!) but do try our shirts our shirts out and give me your comments!

Regards

Richard Harvie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics