• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yhst-50888373590496_2050_310365004
How are transparent frames? I think they look abit douchey but they seem to be pretty popular nowadays.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
My Mykita frames and classic 80's Transformer sleeping bag...

IMG_0694.jpg

Fantastic glasses. I've got to seek out some Mykitas. I recently got some IC Berlins that are similar but I'd like to compare them to Mykita.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really liking these.

yhst-50888373590496_2050_39449032

Can anyone vouch for Alain Mikli quality?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kabert
Fantastic glasses. I've got to seek out some Mykitas. I recently got some IC Berlins that are similar but I'd like to compare them to Mykita.

i own both and besides a few slightly different design details, they are very similar to each other from the materials used and quality...

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
yhst-50888373590496_2050_310365004

How are transparent frames? I think they look abit douchey but they seem to be pretty popular nowadays.

Personally, transparent isnt all that nice. I wouldnt do it, but to each their own. Its a phase, not a trend/style.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I'm really liking these.

yhst-50888373590496_2050_39449032

Can anyone vouch for Alain Mikli quality?

Alain Mikli is not what it used to be. In my opinion, for what you pay and the quality that you get, its not worth it. They used to have a monopoly on the high-end, good quality, fashionable frames. Nowadays, every Joe, Rick and Suzie has a pair and its not as good anymore.

Mountains

Reaction score
2dadpw4.jpg

I have a pair of these Oakleys. They probably aren't to the taste of most of you here on SF, but I like them quite a bit.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a cheap(er) alternative to these?

ADVOCATE1.jpg

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
Anyone know of a cheap(er) alternative to these?

ADVOCATE1.jpg

I dont know what brand those are so I dont know a cheaper alternative, but there are a pair of Salt like it and it is similar to Kenneth Cole style.

hamish5178

Reaction score
I'm looking for some glasses like these, round and tortoiseshell. Any suggestions?
3255948636_52357618b3.jpg

pruppert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
i own both and besides a few slightly different design details, they are very similar to each other from the materials used and quality...
I'm constantly impressed by the hinge detailing on IC Berlin's. Spectacularly designed.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mountains
2dadpw4.jpg

I have a pair of these Oakleys. They probably aren't to the taste of most of you here on SF, but I like them quite a bit.

I have this exact pair. I keep breaking my glasses', and Oakley's have been notoriously strong and seem to take abuse.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pruppert
I'm constantly impressed by the hinge detailing on IC Berlin's. Spectacularly designed.

If you can appreciate hinge design and frame design, look at Kio Yamato. Some of the frames are hingeless, they are curved titanium that bend.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
I have this exact pair. I keep breaking my glasses', and Oakley's have been notoriously strong and seem to take abuse.

If youre looking for tough, also look into Adidas. They have a "performance steel" that is flexible and the frames are super light (unlike Oakleys).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads