• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junya Watanabe SS and FW 09

davo10375

Reaction score
Junya x Trickers for ss09 arrived at a local store... the black ones are beyond awesome... but 2.5k australian :| Anyone got any pictures of them or specific collaborations from this season to add to the thread?

givemefive

Reaction score
I love this:

00200m.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
davo - http://hypebeast.com/?s=junya should see you right. Junya is my favourite designer right now and I absolutely love the current season in spite of the insane prices - the waistcoats are about the most reasonably priced item of their kind, the kinitwear has remained about the same, but the jackets have gone stratospheric, even considering how unadorned most of them are - I haven't yet determined why the plainer ones are actually more expensive than the reversible pieces, despite the slightly more interesting fabrics. Every shop that stocks the line in London has bought in this wonderful reversible short coat with a nylon blue reverse:
00400m.jpg
I bought a Junya SS/08 wrinkle jacket from your guys and girls in Perth, so many thanks for the hook up. I also wanted the wrinkled knit but they forgot to hold it for me. Did pretty well out of that collection, which is probably my favourite to date, but I especially loved the Lacoste jackets - got one and still looking for the other design. FW/09 is something of a departure from my current general aesthetic after a year and a half of dapper Junya and it's a touch too full on - the fact that the runway looks appear uneasily composed compared to previous seasons speaks volumes about the combination potential of the pieces. There are still some really cool garments, particularly the Trickers, and it's also more difficult to spot the collaborations for the first time in a while

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to agree, I have been looking at the JW stuff & KAPOW!

I just can't do a complete w/sale of my w/end wardrobe as well as the fact that I have limited space here in HKG.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fallen Angels
EG and JW can work together, yes. but to say "this is like expensive EG" shows you clearly failed to understand either designer and their visions

sigh. you have this way of stinking up every thread you post in.

please stop acting like you know what you're talking about.

you're plenty annoying yourself, what does it matter if he doesnt have the exact same sentiments about the collection as you do.
and by the way, it certainly is like a more expensive and designed version of EG.
internet bully, weak mind.

davo10375

Reaction score
Good to hear it went well barims, when did you get the jacket? PM me dont know if you saw me mention the newest sale on not, let me know if you want details.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Got it last week. PM'd you too

rupertwaddles

Reaction score
Damn do I love Junya. I love the way he makes men look, friendly approachable dapper cool. Maybe thats not it but I can't explain it better. Sadly its faaar out of my budget so I'm limited to imitation but that doesn't stop me from going back time and time again to look at pictures his runway shows.
smile.gif

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
Junya x Trickers for ss09 arrived at a local store... the black ones are beyond awesome... but 2.5k australian :| Anyone got any pictures of them or specific collaborations from this season to add to the thread?
Damn I was wondering what they were goign to cost. I thought the the Ted Baker x Tricker's were expensive at around $875. They do look awesome though. I'd love a pair in red though I have no idea how I'd wear them The only photos I've seen are these:
comme-des-garcons-junya-watanabe-trickers-spring-2009-front.jpg
junya-watanabe-comme-des-garcons-trickers-1.jpg
junya-watanabe-comme-des-garcons-trickers-3.jpg
junya-watanabe-comme-des-garcons-trickers-2.jpg

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this
00220m.jpg
That looks like the perfect thing to wear on a fall day in the countryside or something and I'm just loving it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Damn I was wondering what they were goign to cost. I thought the the Ted Baker x Tricker's were expensive at around $875. They do look awesome though. I'd love a pair in red though I have no idea how I'd wear them
junya-watanabe-comme-des-garcons-trickers-2.jpg

junya-watanabe-comme-des-garcons-trickers-1.jpg
meh. alfred sargent makes almost the exact same brogue with a thick commando sole like that for about $300. I have the dark brown boot version of it, and I got it for $180 they're cool and all, but these overinflated collab pricing is getting out of hand

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reversible Brooks Brothers blazer, also comes in blue:
f0111068_1117642.jpg
Knitwear's also reversible:
f0111068_1430826.jpg
f0111068_1431981.jpg
A Details magazine fit with the red Trickers brogues for onion, worn with customised Levi's and another Brooks Brothers blazer:
Junya1.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the thick soled wing-tip brogued shoes the new thing for next season?
Prada also has a few in stored for the Fall I believe:
prada-autumn-2009-footwear-01.png

prada-autumn-2009-footwear-02.png

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
I really like a lot of the S/S things. Dandy-ish yet eccentric.

Does anyone know/ remember what year/ season he did his collaboration with Post O'Alls?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads