• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

8 Groomsmen - Need Suit Help!!!

Lankale

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy suits for 8 groomsmen trying not to spend more than $250 for each suits. Sharkskin grey super 120. i'm fine with buying online...any help would be greatly appreciated. It's been heck. I'm scared to buy online and any good sale I find don't have the sizes (the guys range from 5ft 6 to 6ft 4...that's my dilemma. I live in the chicago area. ANy thoughts?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah, you don't have to use extra-large font to ask your question unless you're partially blind and can't read what you're writing.

Lankale

Reaction score
I'm actually almost blind...sorry didn't have my glasses on...can you help or you only have a problem with the font size?
smile.gif

wetnose

Reaction score
Do a search for the seller of m valentino on ebay. SF consensus is decent. Suits your budget, excellent workmanship, good materials. Contact him directly and he can hook you up with a discount.

beau nash

Reaction score
+1 on contacting Jeff at Wizard of Aahs on ebay. He should be able to meet your price point.

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Yah, you don't have to use extra-large font to ask your question unless you're partially blind and can't read what you're writing.

Originally Posted by Lankale
I'm actually almost blind...sorry didn't have my glasses on...can you help or you only have a problem with the font size?
smile.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA. He made you look like a jerk.

Seriously though, Wizard of Aahs gets good reviews for that kind of $$.

Finsen

Reaction score
First solution: Go to stores like H&M and Zara and get some decent fitting and cheap suits. Suits there cost around $250-300

Second solution: Go to stores like Ross, Marshall's, Men's Warehouse and get them super cheap, clearance suits. Then save the money and get yourself a besoke tuxedo.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Finsen

Second solution: Go to stores like Ross, Marshall's, Men's Warehouse and get them super cheap, clearance suits. Then save the money and get yourself a besoke tuxedo.

When have you ever gone to a clearance sale with 8 suits of the same brand and style being there at any one time???

jsqfunk

Reaction score
Hi
Try this, I am assuming that the 8 guys are spread out over the country? So pick a nationwide chain like Men’s Warehouse or Jos A Bank. Go to the store and buy one of the suits you want everyone to wear. Get all the suit info, like model name or id number so everyone can go to their local store and buy the exact same suit. Buy a gift certificate for the amount of each suit and send that out to each guy (maybe write the suit model on the certificate so they can’t mess it up!)

Good luck

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How the heck did you wind up with eight groomsmen? Did your fiancee 'need' to have eight bridesmaids and then demand that you match numbers?

Anyway, if you're going to buy everyone a suit, don't pick the exact same thing for everyone. Ideally, each guy would man up and have his own suit ready to go. If not, I'd consider each suit an individual gift to each groomsmen and specifically aim to not have them wind up looking like clones.

Lankale

Reaction score
I assume the guy/girl asking how i ended up with 8 groomsmen is not married....The guy always matches the girl's number...i dont have a choice..She has 8 friends, so I just try to match the number…but anyway…I’m not buying their suits for them…I just need a really good suit and they must wear the same type…the problem is the number of guys…I called men’s wearhouse, but the colors they have is limited to the number of suits that I need, the same thing with Jos a Bank..they don’t have everyone’s size…The ebay guy you mentioned (Valentino or Aahs- which would you recommend?...would it even be possible to get a swatch sent to me or is that asking too much?)

JordanB

Reaction score
Check out esuit.com. They have the exact suit you want for 2 for $550. http://www.esuit.com/sean_john/index.htm. Plus it's free shipping. Give them a call and see what they can do. I used to shop with them. Very reputable place.

Oh, and they are suit separates, so it will work great with many different sizes of friends.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lankale
I assume the guy/girl asking how i ended up with 8 groomsmen is not married....The guy always matches the girl's number...i dont have a choice..She has 8 friends, so I just try to match the number...but anyway...I'm not buying their suits for them...I just need a really good suit and they must wear the same type...the problem is the number of guys...I called men's wearhouse, but the colors they have is limited to the number of suits that I need, the same thing with Jos a Bank..they don't have everyone's size...The ebay guy you mentioned (Valentino or Aahs- which would you recommend?...would it even be possible to get a swatch sent to me or is that asking too much?)

I am married, actually. No, you don't have to have the same number of groomsmen and bridesmaids. My wife and I didn't; we still got married, the stars did not fall out of the sky, and nobody at the wedding gasped, "But it's uneven!!!"

Anyway, I digress: you got the number you got. But why do all the suits have to be the same color and style? It looks strikingly artificial to have eight guys lined up in exactly the same outfit. Moreover, as you point out, it is very, very difficult to find one suit in one color that will fit eight different men.

My groomsmen each wore their own suits. I just asked them to not wear black. They all chose some form of grey, one with a windopane. It looked natural, like my closest male friends and relatives got dressed up in their best to witness my marriage, not like a pageant or costume party. They each wore a white shirt and a different wedding tie, which I gave to them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads