• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes the world's best bedsheets?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I'm sure you know, but the hotel stuff is different (cheaper and ~200 TC) than their regular stuff.

Also keep in mind that many mid-level hotels will use the hotel collection just to say they have "Frette linens" but many better hotels will correspondingly use the better linens.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While the title of this thread bespeaks a quest for the 'best' bedsheets it also begins with the admission of buying decidedly less costly and rarefied sheets than those being discussed here.

Perhaps others can comment on a wider range of quality bedding?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Girardian
While the title of this thread bespeaks a quest for the 'best' bedsheets it also begins with the admission of buying decidedly less costly and rarefied sheets than those being discussed here.

Perhaps others can comment on a wider range of quality bedding?

It's not hard to find a boutique that sells very good sheets, made in italy (and perhaps the same factories), comparable in quality to some of the brands here. You have to learn to ignore TC and brand name to a degree and to go by feel. Mine are 450 egyptian cotton, iirc, and a set of queen sheets cost 500-600 bucks, which is reasonable imo. The duvet cover was about the same. My sheets are plain white with hemstitching. They've gotten softer with every wash and I really love them.

I've also been in to boutiques that had various fabrics on-hand that would make sheets for you, at varying costs. What most of these boutique brands won't give you are some of the really extravagent designs you can get from the likes of frette. Still, i love white sheets with hem-stitched borders. It's simple and elegant.

emptym

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience w/ Linoto? Vox and Iam posted in an earlier thread that they like real linen sheets. Many claim that they last a long time too. So I've been on a quest for some good but not insanely priced linen sheets.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Christian Fischbacher and Slabbinck.

The comfort of Fischbacher is extraordinary if you pair it with a good down duvet.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Anyone have any experience w/ Linoto?

Vox and Iam posted in an earlier thread that they like real linen sheets. Many claim that they last a long time too. So I've been on a quest for some good but not insanely priced linen sheets.

Trips to the tailors have educated me to the varying qualities of linen. Some linen has a much nicer hand. At $300/sheet set, I can't imagine it's that great, given what I know of the cost of linen for a shirt or pair of pants.

summej2

Reaction score
We've been happy with the linen sheets from Rawganique. I believe they were under $500 for a two-sheet queen set.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic
Frette is nice ...it is popular for the high-end hospitality industry -- I tend to think of it as a being for hotels.

Hotel line is bad, really bad.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been interested in upgrading my sheets for a while now and am ready to go for it. But I certainly can't get near the price levels you crazy folks are talking.

What's a nice queen set that would run me around $100? Is modal a decent option at this point? The key I'd look for is: soft.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I've been interested in upgrading my sheets for a while now and am ready to go for it. But I certainly can't get near the price levels you crazy folks are talking.

What's a nice queen set that would run me around $100? Is modal a decent option at this point? The key I'd look for is: soft.

Look on ebay at Sferra or Charter Club. Prices are very low, quality is excellent. Do not buy anything less that 300TC

Always bear in mind that luxury brands such as Pratesi or Frette sell their realy good stuff for $700+ retail. Anything entry level from these brands would not be carried by Walmart.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JP Tod
I'm a fan of Signoria di Firenze.

They have pretty good quality bed linens at their price level. The price/quality ratio is excellent.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I have Frette sheets and I like them but they do some floral top sheets in some sets and I would avoid those. In my experience they tend to wear out quickly and fray. The rest of the designs are quite durable in my experience.

NS88

Reaction score
I only sleep in Pratesi and Yves Delorme. Towels too. So worth it. I'm a deep sleeper, so I have to get at least 8-9 hours a day, or I'll go crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads