• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steroids in Bodybuilding...

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
Even if one didn't need to use steroids to become Mr. O., it would still be unattainable for mere mortals.

It requires great sorcery apparently:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lulz

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
Being Mr or Ms Olympia should be unattainable for mere mortals.
Like banging Angelina or Giselle.

billy bob thorton banged angelina, and he is undoubtably a mortal.

beasty

Reaction score
Even if one didn't need to use steroids to become Mr. O., it would still be unattainable for mere mortals.

1.\tUnsubstantiated rumour mongering, hearsay and baseless.

2.\tSandow doesn't look like he roided. Ditto Larry Scott. With some training, I am sure you can attain that standard. Decades ago.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
billy bob thorton banged angelina, and he is undoubtably a mortal.

That's like you lucking out and buying Microsoft shares for 1 cents for a 100 lots when it first listed. Try doing that now.

Billy Bob obviously rode the Angelina wave when her stock is low and her preferences bizarre (didn't she keep like a vial of his bodily fluids with her? And isn't Billy Bob out-weirding Joaquin now?)

Just look at Carla Bruni and her attainableness then and now.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.\tUnsubstantiated rumour mongering, hearsay and baseless.

Huh? Do you understand what I'm (or what you're) saying?
tinfoil.gif

So, you're saying anyone CAN become Mr. O? Would you make up your mind? Even if no steroids were involved, there would be a small amount of people that would even be able to compete, let alone win.

2.\tSandow doesn't look like he roided. Ditto Larry Scott. With some training, I am sure you can attain that standard. Decades ago.

Sure, anybody can do it! And look like that!
tinfoil.gif

beasty

Reaction score
Huh? Do you understand what I'm (or what you're) saying?
tinfoil.gif

So, you're saying anyone CAN become Mr. O? Would you make up your mind? Even if no steroids were involved, there would be a small amount of people that would even be able to compete, let alone win.

Sure, anybody can do it! And look like that!
tinfoil.gif

1.\tMy first point is on your point that you need roids to become Mr O.
To-date, despite the answer being "˜obvious', no one including you can show me a shred of evidence that is the case.

2.\tMy second point is on timing. Those and other Mr Os while impressive in their time are distinctively ordinary now. Just like going to the moon was thought to be a Jules Verne fantasy then, it can even be a tourist destination one day.

Therefore with hard work less roids, you can be a Mr O too.
During Sandow's time. Now, the bar is set higher.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.\tMy first point is on your point that you need roids to become Mr O. To-date, despite the answer being ‘obvious’, no one including you can show me a shred of evidence that is the case. 2.\tMy second point is on timing. Those and other Mr Os while impressive in their time are distinctively ordinary now. Just like going to the moon was thought to be a Jules Verne fantasy then, it can even be a tourist destination one day. Therefore with hard work less roids, you can be a Mr O too. During Sandow’s time. Now, the bar is set higher.
You do realize that you just about pwnd yourself, right? Do you really believe that people just train harder today? Or better? That may be the case to a certain extent but certainly not completely. Simply look at "Muscle and Fitness" vs. "Natural Bodybuilding" or here: Link. You'll see the difference and it's pretty obvious.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.\tMy first point is on your point that you need roids to become Mr O.
To-date, despite the answer being "˜obvious', no one including you can show me a shred of evidence that is the case.

Here was a 'shred'.

Originally Posted by CDFS
Betsy,

Read the following and/or find yourself some more to read.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ates_interview

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in676684.shtml

Edit: By Betsy I meant you. Betsy, Beasty, get it? Get it?
bounce2.gif

beasty

Reaction score
You do realize that you just about pwnd yourself, right?

Do you really believe that people just train harder today? Or better? That may be the case to a certain extent but certainly not completely. Simply look at "Muscle and Fitness" vs. "Natural Bodybuilding" or here: Link. You'll see the difference and it's pretty obvious.

Look here. I used the term "˜hard work' to describe what it takes to be a Mr O.
I have explained to Mike Lowrey in order to get results, one must mix the holy trinity of training, diet and rest in the right proportion.

I am sure Sandow's and Scott's physiques looked unattainable during their time but in actual fact can be attained now without steroids. Therefore in years to come, anyone can attain Ronnie's and Jay's physiques without steroids.

As for Muscle and Fitness physiques, a body like that wont even let you be the usher in a Mr O competition.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmh, I hate to admit this but while I was browsing youtube I found proof in your favor, beasty.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: Tripple post.... Stupit interwebz

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads