• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mel Gibson's billion dollar divorce

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

w.mj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
They included $600 million from the Passion of the Christ. Just because the film grossed $600M doesn't mean he earned $600M. Does anybody proofread this stuff?

I think he provided the capital for the movie, so yeah, whatever it made minus costs is his.

the law

Reaction score
How's this going to go over with the Pope? I thought divorces were not permitted?
devil.gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the law
How's this going to go over with the Pope? I thought divorces were not permitted?
devil.gif

I don't think Mel recognizes papal authority, but yeah, my mind was in the same place.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
They included $600 million from the Passion of the Christ. Just because the film grossed $600M doesn't mean he earned $600M. Does anybody proofread this stuff?

well, it only cost like 30 mil to make, and he put up most (all?) of the money himself, so he took a huge chunk of 600mil.

Anyway, regardless of what I think of Mel, these sorts of divorces piss me off on principle. I don't think a woman that spends her days shopping and living off his dough deserves half of anything.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
well, it only cost like 30 mil to make, and he put up most (all?) of the money himself, so he took a huge chunk of 600mil.

Anyway, regardless of what I think of Mel, these sorts of divorces piss me off on principle. I don't think a woman that spends her days shopping and living off his dough deserves half of anything.

...and having seven of his kids...? ...going through years of his ****? I hope she takes him to the rack for the tomahawk. Just my humble opinion.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Deacon
...and having seven of his kids...? ...going through years of his ****? I hope she takes him to the rack for the tomahawk. Just my humble opinion.
Were you their maid or something?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
It's the Jews, always the $%%^ Jews!

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek

+1

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I hope she shows up with a pissed off Jewish lawyer who cleans him out on general principle....

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Were you their maid or something?

No, but you can be mine.
devil.gif

Mel's been on the scene for almost three decades and his act has been well documented. I don't have to be his maid to know what's been written about since the early 80's. God I love a smart-ass in the morning.
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads